1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Busted by Facebook verification

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by NigelM, Mar 16, 2013.

1. NigelM

NigelM

Just posted a load of great items on Facebook that I was fairly confident of shifting at double the price I paid only to find that Facebook decided to try and 'Verify' me...

Now this wouldn't normally have been a problem but the verification process involved me identifying my 'Friends' from tagged photo's of them, so I had to select 1 friend out of 6 based on a tagged photo....a bit like an identity parade.

I dont actually have any real friends on Facebook, only 'Selling Friends' So I had this photo of a washing machine and 6 names, then a picture of a pair of shoes and 6 names, etc, etc, etc..you get the picture.

I failed the verification....
  2. Glenny

Glenny

Log in as a different account on a different browser. That way you can find the pics and see who is tagged.Went through the same thing last week.
  3. NigelM

NigelM

Yeah have just created another gmail account and FB account and started the whole process again....does make me feel like a shady market trader selling moody aftershave avoiding the market inspector though when actually its good UK manufactured products bought through official channels im peddling, i mean, trading...Honest Officer.
  4. MSFB

MSFB

lmao i had the same problem once
  5. NigelM

NigelM

Just did a Facebook search with my new 'credentials' and absolutely no trace of my other account.
    Literally dozens of minutes work wasted. How are we possibly expected to get this economy growing again.
  6. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

Never heard of fb verifying anyone ?!?!
  7. Volantary

Volantary

This seems to come up every so often; it seems to be triggered when you do something unhuman such as suddenly gain 500 friends. Adding friends isn't actually a vital part of being a business on FB because you can do all the important stuff (message, post announcements, tag pictures etc) without needing to be anyones friend as long as your settings are as public as possible.

If you want to be completely convinced it won't happen, set up a normal business page off of your personal account (ie. one that can be "liked") and work from there. It makes tagging a bit more cumbersome and limits what you can post on other peoples' walls as that account but such is life.
    Lace likes this.
  8. NigelM

NigelM

Yeah thanks mate, ive started again, which probably isnt a bad thing, and am much more structured about how im managing it, much less scattergun, which is what got me in FB's bad books Im assuming....
  9. Phari

Phari

Make a group, i belong to a lot of selling groups and no-one has been verified.