Buying (fashion) from the UK instead of China

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by Isabella West, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Isabella West

Isabella West

Hi,

Would be really appreciative of any help/advice available on this topic.

I run a fashion rental business - our customers rent dresses for 10 days & then return them. We currently buy 80% of stock from China, and the other 20% directly from UK brands.

I am hoping to establish relationships with UK fashion wholesalers. I have come across a few on google however do not think that this can be the full offer. I am looking for wholesalers who supply to the likes of: Missguided, IKrush, Rebellious Fashion, Motel etc. Please could someone point me in the right direction? Alternatively, many seem to be based in Manchester - is it worth just making a trip there?

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Isabella
  2. Joycehameed

Joycehameed

Hello Isabella, unfortunately i don't have much information on your enquiry, allow me to follow this thread, I'm interested as well but it seems pretty hard getting wholesalers here, on that note, would you mind enlightening me further on how clothes for rental work, or rather just point me to a good supplier you've dealt with before, I'm a retailer of ladies fashionable event and party dresses, currently selling second hand (used but in good condition) though i would wish to purchase new branded dresses at a wholesale good price,
    Awaiting your response
    Best regards and i hope someone helps you as well