1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Buying & selling on Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Gizmo Wishlist, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Gizmo Wishlist

Gizmo Wishlist

I thought I'd write this for people who are just starting out with not much money as I believe Facebook is a brilliant way to buy and sell things, it's simple, fast and easy. The most important thing: IT'S FREE!

By "selling on Facebook" I do not mean posting a status and hope your friends are interested I mean Facebook groups. I am in at least 7 Facebook groups within my area with access to over 20K+ people reading my adds and I only live in a small town.

To join one of these groups you will need to search, it may take a few minutes to find a group with a lot of members but it shouldn't be hard. Just search your area followed by the word sell or buy and see what pops up. For Example: "Manchester buy" The more people in the group that you know the easier it will be to find.

Once you've tried to join the group just wait until you get accepted and when you're accepted start looking for things cheap to buy. The reason this is so good because people are often selling things cheap because they need money quickly or don't care about covering costs or even getting a decent price, they're all just after quick cash!

When buying an item all you need to do is arrange a place to meet and buy the item, then just keep hold of it and wait for the right buyer and then sell it. When meeting a public place is always ideal for safety reasons.

This can be quick or it can be slow, phones are a good thing to buy. I buy iPhone 4 a lot on these groups and make at least £30 every few days. I've once bought two iPhones in the same day and made over £120+ profit in 5 minutes, it really depends on who's selling what and finding the right buyer.

Nevertheless, if you only have about 200 quid it's a great way to make money till you can afford bulk wholesale.

Hope this helps a few people out who don't know about Buy/Sell facebook groups
    Tweezy, volumerate33 and Lace like this.
  2. Jenilee

Jenilee

Thanks for sharing DJTrades!

This is great advice for small sellers who want other marketplace alternatives. It's definitely free to trade on Facebook but one of the legitimate concerns of users are buyer/seller safety.

Anyone trading on Facebook who can share how to overcome and deal with this?
  3. Gizmo Wishlist

Gizmo Wishlist

Meeting in public places is always a good idea
  4. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

You might want to checkmend all of the phones you buy from facebook
  5. FreelanceScribbler

FreelanceScribbler

Interesting..I will definitely look into this.
  6. Gizmo Wishlist

Gizmo Wishlist

True, there is some scammers on these groups so just be careful when buying risky items such as phones and make sure your the seller is genuine
  7. Gary

Gary

I always collect from peoples houses then if something does turn out to be dodgy I know where to go back to as I keep a record of what I buy and from where and who
  8. GreyJaguar

GreyJaguar

I didn't know Facebook had these types of groups. It's basically just like Craigslist. I'm in FL in CA so I just asked to join some groups. Thanks so much for sharing. I greatly appreciate it.
  9. Dan Perry

Dan Perry

I have been using Facebook for a few months now I'm literally joined to about 30 selling groups and now use this instead of eBay.
  10. Adamwells

Adamwells

I have recently found that by selling through facebook, is a great way of people talking about what they offer as they tend to tell their friends (in my case anyway) but sales can be slow as people want a bargain even for new items. Ive joined a few selling pages near to where I live, but I will probably have to send out leaflets aswell as its not getting the exposure Id hope for in a short period of time.

I also look out for bargains if they are easy to resell like consoles/ games etc which can easily be sold as there are plenty of bargains out there if you spend the hours going through the different items people offer, although I have noticed that some people even give away items for FREE tends to be big fat old style tv's though :(
  11. Gizmo Wishlist

Gizmo Wishlist

Same here, although their name is all I really need if I ever had a problem.. although some people could use a fake alias.

And there is always free items going about, there is another site called freecycle. Basically people posting adds to give away free stuff. It's a great site to pick up some bits and then flog at a carboot etc.
  12. ericlemartien

ericlemartien

Hi all, I`m from mauritius and actually im selling on facebook itself, its working quite well, looking for stuff on ebay or other site then resell it on facebook page ''clea e-shop'' the thing lots of people doing it now and selling same products at diferent price.

<mod edit: removed duplicate message and contact info>