Calling Facebook users!

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by GDUK, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

When I switch users from my personal page to my fan page I can't seem to do the normal stuff like search or join other pages using my fan page. I am sure you are supposed to have full control of Facebook as if you were using your personal profile.

Is anyone else having problems using Facebook as their fan page? I want to post on other walls as my fan page but the thing seems to just not do anything. When I try a search it does not do anything, it just refreshes my fan page.
  2. bulkoffers

bulkoffers

its a dodgy system to use - some pages say you have to change to personal profile and some do not...

maybe once you have the 25 likes it unlocks the page to be used more freely?

I get this problem also same with apps i have to add them to my personal first then im able to use on my page.

what i do to like others is login to facebook first make sure your on your page and not profile then click the like and then you either enter your password again or likes it straight from your business page.

also in your business page settings the top settings tab maker sure you enable:

Always comment and post on your page as (your business page) even when using Facebook as (your perspnal profile).
  3. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

Deffo something wrong with the site because I can't do anything when I switch to use the site as my fan page.

No matter what I do my fan page does not move from the wall page. I click on edit, it shows up in my url as on the edit page but my page is still stuck on my wall. When I typ eion a search, it shows in the url as a search for what I have searched for but again it does not move from my fan page wall.

Must be a bug.
  4. energyking

energyking

I do at the moment whilst the business grows.

I don't think I've seen the van.... I'll look out for it in future! :Clap:
  5. energyking

energyking

6. Gerrit_Max

Gerrit_Max

7. bulkoffers

bulkoffers

8. bridge32

bridge32

No problem. You've help me out enough tonight :) Update on Product Feed. Products have been updated and were available on searches, then i realised the product ads were not configured.
    After an hour of trawling around i had to link it with my adwords account, so they are now updating again lol. I dont use adwords so hopefully it will still work. Will let you know.
  9. bulkoffers

bulkoffers

Good stuff i dont use adwords on mine and is ok, gonna give adwords a try next month see how it goes - cant be as bad as the adverts i did in the local paper lol. 0 conversions on £500+ spend.
  10. bulkoffers

bulkoffers

Are you trying to change the landing displayed when a user first loads up your ad page ?
  11. bulkoffers

bulkoffers

1 week ago I knew nothing about facebook glad this thread was started!
  12. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

Do you mean teh FBML tabs? I did one of them ages ago.

I have only just realised that with the new update you are now supposed to be able to switch users from your main profile to your fan page profile. But when I do it I change users ok but then it does not let me do anything apart from post on my own wall. Searches don't work, editing my page does not work, nothing seems to work, it just either does nothing or crashes on a blank screen.
  13. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

14. Gerrit_Max

Gerrit_Max

I've pressed the "Like" button on everyone's FB page.
    I see some have already returned the favour, thanks guys :welldone:

Gerrit :cool:
  15. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

Bridge32 where did you get the name iTech? That is the name of the private college where I sat my Btec national in I.T. over 20 years ago and it's still going today. We even called our 5-a-side league football team iTech many moons ago. Everyone seemed to think we were called Hi-tech, lol.
  16. bridge32

bridge32

You wont believe how i got it but here goes.....
    I was trying to think of a name suitable, all the good ones were gone, so my daughter was sat next to me and said "how about itech"
    I asked how she come to that name and she said "your ipod is there and its all tech stuff you sell"!
    She is only 11 lol! So i added the online bit.
    But.... when i done a search not long after registering the name, i was shocked to see the original people that owned it are still advertising today with MY domain name! Think they are a computer firm up north somewhere, was gonna phone and tell them but cant be bothered lol.
  17. bridge32

bridge32

Anyway, heres my update to Google maerchant i was talking to bulk yesterday.
    All was fine, i uploaded my product feeds and waited for an hour. Then bingo! they were searchable, but the product adds were not configured. I was advised by google to link my adword account (which i dont use anymore) to this new online store. I did as advised then reloaded my product feed.
    After only 5 mins i was dissapproved! the would not upload them as i was in breach of their terms??
    I tried to upload again but without success.
    I have since contacted google for an answer and error report to why this has been dissapproved when the original ones were ok.
    I think it might have been something to do with the linking of adwords on another account, so i have now deactivated that, but i have to wait for google to email me before i can re-submit!
    What a pain lol.
  18. gtretro

gtretro

19. bridge32

bridge32

20. Gerrit_Max

Gerrit_Max

Done yours, if you want to return the favour here's mine.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Furniture-247-Topdeals/363351697048

And for those selling on facebook marketplace that get a lot
    of scammers I made another nice page ;)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Possible-Facebook-SCAMMERS/121912901160659

I know I was getting a load and thats why I made that page.
    I'll start pressing "Like" buttons tomorrow as it's late now,
    feeling sick and need sleep quick.

Gerrit :welldone:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.