1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

can anyone recommend a quick ecommerce platform

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by Dave Casuals, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I have a few items i want to sell but my main aim for now is just to get a website up and running to show some of our range. Having 3 pages at the most is really all i require at the moment. I don't mind just having a paypal payment feature for the time being and just wondered if there is a platform out there that can be designed within a day or 2 by myself.
  2. liamhawes

liamhawes

Well you could have a Shopify store up within an hour or so if that's all you needed. There is a monthly cost and a small % to keep in mind though. I've always liked it for the plugins you can get though.
    sharon jones likes this.
  3. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

As you might know I built a wordpress using woocommerce, apart from the usual hosting expenses I seemed to have built it myself with the help of free plugins within a few days.
    Might look basic to a lot of you here but for almost zero cost, cant be too bad.

warriorhunters.co.uk

Hope it helps with your decision.
  4. Kingamer

Kingamer

I would check out opencart it's free to use apart from hosting. For a shop based website I think it would be perfect for a starter

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  5. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

cheers guys. Being quite new to building a website i don't really have the time and was looking for some sort of template that i can go straight into and add my items and obviously change a few things. The problem i'm having is many of my products need a variation type listing much like ebay whereby i have one pic then they can scroll down and click the item within a variety of styles. Secondly many of these are personalised and printed to order and i was having problems within shopify when having a mess around, trying to find an area for the customer to select their item then add additional details based on whether the product was personalised and this is the time consuming part of it all for me.
  6. psxgamer

psxgamer

That is not just a simple feature you require. Don't think many webshop platforms have this out of the box.

Have seen an OpenCart extention with simular feature. Easy solution would be to ask people to write the additional details in the comments of their order.
    sharon jones likes this.
  7. Online Seller UK

Online Seller UK

Shopify is a good platform for a quick start.
    Cody likes this.
  8. Mike Cartwright

Mike Cartwright

If I were a beginner and have to choose between Shopify and Wix, I'd go with the former.
  9. sharon jones

sharon jones

Shopify and Big commerce are good platforms, but if you want to set up your website in limited time then I would suggest Shopygen. A friend of mine tried their service once and they really do a great job in even in limited time.