Can social media help me increase number of resellers?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by himzware, Aug 19, 2012.

1. himzware

himzware Banned Member

As a distributor, you target customer is reseller NOT direct customer.

I have been a Trading company for several year, due to the old-day business model, I have had switch to internet sales platform recently, however, my target client still reseller, I have seen few article about marketing for internet.

A lot of them are talking about using social network such as facebook, google+ or triwtter to fin customer, but I think those strategy is for internet retailer instead of distributor like me.

my question is:-
    1. How do you achieve reseller via internet marketing
    2. other than google adsense or adword, what else can it be better
    3. if my target is achieve upto 500 reseller, how much money, effort, time or internet equipment in order to success

Thank you
  2. marco dias

marco dias

maybe you could advertise on here? as there will be alot of resellers on the forum :)
  3. kahitoo

kahitoo

Agree with marco
  4. Pete

Pete

Trade shows, advertisements in trade publications directed at your target markets, hire sales reps to promote your line to their established customers.
  5. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Totally agree with Marco and Pete.

If you have the time, budget, and resources - both Google AdWords and social media can also help. Social media is a good way to spread the word about your products without spending a lot of funds except it really needs time and effort.

You can always start posting to your own network or by creating a Facebook page for your business.
  6. Proudlock

Proudlock

Himzware don't forget the power of sites such as LinkedIn also which are a great medium for B2B leads and finding new resellers for your products - they offer groups for specific markets and niches so have a look at that also. Like Lace has pointed out though sites like LinkedIn and social media require a lot of time and effort to get off the ground.
    Lace likes this.
  7. himzware

himzware Banned Member

Thank you for all your advice

I have had build my facebook page, however, my target client sector is B2B, but I think Linkedin is another platform that I will spend more time from now on, because it is more likely for business.

Also, has anyone used and heard Yammer.com

Thank you
  8. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator