1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

can you cancel an order or request refund before item is sent?

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by Dave Casuals, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I ordered an ink cartridge 3 days ago on ebay with est delivery date for sat 28th. The seller still hasn't marked this as dispatched and their delivery states economy 2nd class meaning I won't get this on time if sent today. The seller isn't replying to messages asking if they have sent this out so I sent a message stating that I'd prefer to just cancel the order and they refund instead of sending out as I've got this on amazon for next day delivery instead. I can't seem to find a cancel order request only request refund but I'm assuming if i'm requesting a refund ebay will automatically assume I've received this and expect me to return it prior to refunding.

Can anyone advise as need to cancel this asap.
  2. Cody

Cody

I have cancelled items on eBay before with no hassle, and if you're doing it is a guest then you will need to cancel payment via the "History tab", then recent transactions, find the "order" you want to cancel, then click "cancel payment."

Logged in though, I've heard it can be a bit more difficult to cancel the order if it's after the original date of "purchase", however follows goes as:
    1. Go to My eBay > Sold and locate the item.
    2. In the More actions drop-down menu, select Cancel this order.
    3. Choose a reason for the cancellation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.