Can't afford an iPad - try this ?

Discussion in 'Computers & Electronics' started by hardwareheroes, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trendbrands

trendbrands Banned Member

I don't want to ruin your business but is it allowed to sell an iPad style product?

I just think of the problems of the Cect I9 iPhone clones where many ebay sellers have got problems and had to pay high fines to apple and their lawyers!!!
  2. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

Lets be honest, if you called this on eBay something like an iPadclone - then you would get into trouble, but then again, apple have just been counter sued by HTC so maybe Apple will have other things to worry about for a little while!

But, it dosnt look like the Ipad, it isnt called the iPad, the box dosnt even mention the iPad, so whats the problem? Its a small factor pc tablet, with a google os on it? - what is wrong with selling that?

Regards

Edit.....

But this one I can see haveing issues!!!!! (look at the pictures, including a half eaten apple picture!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APad-android-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item414f5cceef
  3. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

This has no design right problems or copyright issues with Apple or anyone else - its an original , legitimate product that is HOT TO TROT !

How you describe it is up to you but, be careful, if you use others trademarked terms to describe it, as this will be frowned upon
  4. AAimport

AAimport

Hi Ian
    I would like to order one of these for testing, and then hopefully 10 at a time there after, to get a better price and to keep the freight costs as low as possible. Should I order online via your website, or do you send me an invoice for bank transfer?

I have tried telling a few potential Danish customers about it, and that brought up a couple of questions that I could not answer. Perhaps you can?

1) Is it possible to see a picture of the 30pin/usb connector?

2) Is it possible to upgrade the operating system Android 1,6 to the newest 2,3?

3) Is there a Danish menu and keyboard? (In Denmark we got a few more letters then in the English alphabet)

4) Are there additional batteries available? If so - how much are they?

5) Does it work with USB modems as well, or is the only connection to the Internet via WIFI?

6) Are there any warranty included in the price?.

Thanks.
    regards
    Morten
  5. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

Hi Morten,

I have so many enquiries from denmark - it is quite incredible - more from Denmark than any other country outside the UK.

It is possible to upgrade the OS but not recommended as the newer versions are not yet stable enough.

My own sample is coming back tomorrow so I will be doing extensive testing over the weekend and will be able to answer more of your questions in full.

To my knowledge it doesn't work with USB modem but I am going to try

It comes with a full 12 months warranty with me here in the UK - NOT China.

Heroes
  6. asjd08

asjd08

Looks like another great product from yourself ian may invest in one myself soon.

Anyone know the best place to sell these as i see that i cant compet on ebay with them. Intrested in havin dealins with u again ian
  7. AAimport

AAimport

Thanks Ian - I appreciate that.

Perhaps I can hopefully start ordering larger quantities and perhaps start offering dropshipping in Scandinavia on these units :) The UK warranty is a major plus.

Only concern I am having is that last night I read a couple of -not-so-flattering reviews, that might lead to a lot of complaints.......

Regards
    Morten
  8. doggboy10

doggboy10

Interested in this just a couple of questions if possible?,

1. Can you upgrade os?
    2. Does it handle flash etc...(as it'll be used mainly by kids for bbc games, youtube and so on)
    3. Can you plug an external HD upto it to play films and tv shows on...(divx, xvid, mp4)
    4. And do you have them in stock?

How much for 1 delivered in? (I live in uk), I possibly may take a few more as interest at work seem's to be high.
    Sorry for all the questions buddy just want to make sure i cover all bases.

Many Thanks

doggboy
  9. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

Yes, you can uipgrade the OS but it is not advisable to do so at the minute due to the instability of the latest version.

I don't think it can handle flash straight out og the boc but there are ways around it according to earlier posts in the thread - I am taking another sample home this weekend to try out some of the questions asked here.

I am not sure if you can plug an external drive in - in all honesty, i don't think so.

YES, we have them in stock

It is £99 delivered by next working day courier - http://www.hardwareheroes.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=231
  10. PFA Direct

PFA Direct

I have noticed there is a dedicated forum for the m001 with a large no of members who are looking into developing the item.
    I havent had any problems witht the unit i purchased and from what i have read once the guys have worked there magic on these things the limitations will be lifted ie not being able to play flash ect
    It sounds like ti will only be a matter of time .
    Cheers
  11. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

Lower prices updated - these are selling so well that the price is coming down again.
  12. thomass

thomass

Hi Ian,

could you please let me know if the device supports Slovak or/and Czech language and what the shipping would be to Slovakia for one unit on a dropshipping basis? thanks,

tomas
  13. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

Hi - it supports Czech straight out of the box and it will cost an additional £10 to post to you.

I can have one sent straight to you from our supplier in Hong Kong if you prefer at no exstra cost but it may take a few days longer
  14. thorpey

thorpey

I have been emailing you all day Im awaiting a reply regarding my refund for this item please??
  15. mishkon

mishkon

Is the warranty for a straight swap?
  16. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

If it arrives damaged, then it is a striaght swap or refund. If it goes wrong during the first year, it will be repair or replace.
  17. Cintetiko

Cintetiko

Do you have these PC Tablets with you, in UK? How much would be the shipping to Portugal?
  18. fantasyvn

fantasyvn

Hi, this is a great thread.

May I ask if you have any plan to sell a newer version of this tablet, which is the eken m003?

My sincere thanks.
  19. ifixas

ifixas

How about shipping to Lithuania (from UK, not china)?
  20. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

No problemo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.