1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Can't think of what else to post on my blog!

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by ben123249, Aug 2, 2012.

1. ben123249

ben123249

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice. My blog www.decorandmore.co.uk/blog iv'e made 5 posts for the 5 categories on my website, but literally can't think of what else to write about.

Also, if I can't think about what blogs to write. I don't know how i'm going to be able to write articles in the future?
    What type of things do you think I can write about that I haven't already?

Ben
  2. eAuction

eAuction

Seems like something you should google and research rather than wanting to be spoon fed everything. Must be plenty of articles on this subject.
  3. Proudlock

Proudlock

Maybe try and get some images/pictures off your customer customers and how they are being used first hand, that would be a good post I think. Other than that as above google some ideas.
  4. ben123249

ben123249

I'll have a look just wanted to know what people on the forum thought eauction. Yeah that's a good idea. You think I should email them? Maybe offer a competition of some sort for the best pictures?
  5. Proudlock

Proudlock

Yeah something like that to get a bit of extra customer engagement going along side the blog.
  6. bridge32

bridge32

You might want to look at the blog post you posted because there are lots of spelling mistakes, get these corrected to make your blog look more professional:
    How Can Height Chart Wall Stickers Benefit Your And Your Child?

Usually the size will be in centre metres
    Baring in mind there
    and work of a budget
    It is a very easy to do.

There are a lot more, but you will need to go through them.

Now that bit is over with :) change your Blog Theme Picture. Why not put your product in the area where there is a tree / branch / twig picture.
    Create a gallery of some of the top selling wall stickers, and mention which rooms these are best suited, or even recommend where they could go?
    You could use your blog to create competitions as you have mentioned, or to announce a new arrival.
    Get people interacting, create a poll where people could vote on their favourite sticker from your gallery (would give you an idea of what people are looking for)
    Google funny stories about stickers and, in your own words, re-write it onto your blog, or create a link to that story.
    Ok this is not the same type of sticker, but you could make something of it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...y-Willoughby-forgets-price-sticker-heels.html
    I hope this helps you a bit and good luck!
    Nic
  7. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi Ben,

You've got an interesting blog, I myself am fascinated with wall stickers. There's plenty of stuff you can write about such as decorating ideas or much simpler, write about a wall sticker's design. For instance, if you have a Parisian inspired or retro themed stickers. Another idea is to have a "get the look for less" type of posts. Think recreating celebrity homes, designer spaces, etc.

If you look at Pinterest, you'll find lots of inspiration on how to attack these potential blog posts.

Enjoy blogging :)
  8. ben123249

ben123249

Hi Lace,

Thanks a lot. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Have been looking around Pinterest. Found some good ideas :)
  9. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

Ben do you fancy doing a blog about wall murals I have done a website for a friend who is a painter and decorator and they are dulux approved and would love to see a nice artical with a back link to their site!!! cheeky I know..
  10. ben123249

ben123249

Hi,

You want me to write a blog post, that i wouldn't benefit from? I'm confused, people charge up to £20 for these, no one will do it for free. If I'm wrong, just explain to me.

Ben
  11. liamhawes

liamhawes

people do guest blog posts for free all the time, the owners of the site often allow you to put a link back to your own website. Thats the point of it. Gain a nice traffic flow from having guest posts. also www.dailyblogtips.com is a great site that should be able to help you.
  12. ben123249

ben123249

Right, but do I write an article place it on my site that with anchor text that leads to his website? If so, wouldn't that be driving traffic from my website to his? Also, thanks will take a look.
  13. liamhawes

liamhawes

Sorry I skim read it and thought you were being asked to blog I the other site. But yeah daily blog tips is a brilliant site.
  14. ben123249

ben123249

No probs. Just been looking through the tips, looks good. Thanks