1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Changing details in stock offer posts!

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Adam@ActiveUK, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Adam@ActiveUK

Adam@ActiveUK

Can any other Advertisers please tell me, if you can change Details in threads you have made as stock offers.
    I can change the headline, I can change the body of text and photos. But can not change the important details regarding price,MQO, Liabilities, etc. And also, I'm led to believe you cant delete posts either/stock offers
    Help appreciated
    Regards

Adam
  2. Gary

Gary

This will need confirmation from @Erik but no I don't believe you can update the details you mentioned.

And no you cannot delete threads either, this isn't a reflection of trust on any individual or advertiser, but is for security purposes as potentially if they could be deleted it would be possible to sell something then delete the offer if problems arise and deny liability.

Your best bet if you have sold out or want a thread to be closed would be to report your own offer asking for it to be closed, this way when a moderator or staff member are online we will be alerted to this.

You could also ask to close threads and create another with the new details if you want to change details you cannot otherwise change.

I hope this helps!
  3. Erik

Erik

Hi both,

Thanks for bringing that up. I think there's no harm with editing the stock offer details (the ones above) as with moderator accounts, you may edit them but will not accept it if you update it with incomplete information. I'll have a look at this one and see if we can make it available for advertisers. I'll follow it up in this thread shortly.

As for deleting threads, yes,advertisers may not delete threads, and as mentioned by Gary above, you may ask for the thread to be closed or locked if the offer has already ended.

Best,
    Erik
  4. Erik

Erik

Ok, follow up to this.

After checking if there are options to change that, it seems that this feature works separately and that it is configured to only to be modified by moderators and staff, possibly a "touch move" step to ensure that the detail made is final and can only be changed unless requested.

That said, I am open if there are any edits you need to be made in your offer, just to save the thread especially if it already has views and replies. However, I will only change it if the update is still for the same product, not entirely change it.

All the best!
  5. Adam@ActiveUK

Adam@ActiveUK

Hi Erik, thanks for the reply. This was my first stock offer, and It looks sloppy how I have filled in the requirements, and have amazingly made errors. I was creating the stock offer live in the browser, and then clicked post, not realizing I could not make corrections. Please can you delete the whole thread, so I can, when I have time to re-post. I will in future write up in notepad to make sure all is correct before posting. I am happy for you to flag my account, so you can see I am an honest trader who will be offering the same goods, but with a more tidy and correct post. Thanks for your Help
    Adam
  6. Erik

Erik

Hi Adam,

I closed this thread for you. Please check if this is the thread you want to be deleted:
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/threads/wholesale-quality-photo-frames.223879/

I don't think any flags or penalties are needed just for having problems filling up the details, as regular advertisers too had the same issue at first trying to get used to the new system. Please feel free to ask more questions regarding offers!

Best,
    Erik
  7. Adam@ActiveUK

Adam@ActiveUK

Thank You Erik
    Much appreciated.
    In future I will Mock up in Notepad and do my own proof reading before posting.
    Regards
    Adam