1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Christmas Logo's

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Import Expert, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Import Expert

Import Expert

Most of you will have by now shed a tear at the new John Lewis advert and noticed that 'Holidays are coming' courtesy of our friends at Coca Cola. I think that the weekend just gone was officially the start of Christmas in the UK based on the amount of themed adverts on TV.

In a slightly (hugely) lower budget affair we every year redesign our logo used in email footers, etc., just to give a whiff of
    festive spirit. Our design for this year is below.

[​IMG]

What do you think and do any of you do something similar around this time of year? - Perhaps on your websites or online shops? Do you think it makes any difference to your image to be 'festive' at Christmas?
  2. Dave

Dave

Hi Darren,
    Have you seen the Morrison`s advert with Ant and Dec? Could you not do something like it but with trucks and ships? :D:D
  3. Import Expert

Import Expert

Haha - Saw it last night funnily enough. I'm currently working on a little video as it happens - but a way off completion yet!
  4. Import Export Business

Import Export Business

Coca Cola seems always into this kind of advertisements. Ha!

Anyway, I think these logos would add effect, even minimal. You know, people tend to get attracted with colorful designs, after all. So I think it won't hurt to add a glimpse of Christmas in your website's logo. :)
    Import Expert likes this.
  5. Import Expert

Import Expert

John Lewis apparently spent around £1 million on their advert, and another £6 million on their Christmas campaign in general. That's a lot of money but they make it back and more. I've heard that they have already made back the cost of the advert on the sales of soft toy Hare's & Bear's & alarm clocks...
  6. Gary

Gary

Looks great, I have been toying with doing something this year but have so much on with work and planning that I just haven't had time as yet, but if anyone else wants to
    Give their eBay listings that festive feel with 20% off our Christmas template using code: xmas20 - http://ow.ly/qQEYO they're more than welcome ;)

[/shameless plug]
    planner and Import Expert like this.
  7. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA

The design is good, shows a company with imagination and wanting to get into the festive spirit.

For a "fashion" company this will be a good idea and I think all those that have seen this will look at their logo and see if they can add a touch of seasonal greetings.

A great and innovative idea!
  8. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick

Your design is quite impressive I must say. Really does gives off the feeling of the Christmas spirit. :) Thumbs up for the logo.