Companies offering free SEO - are they any good ?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by topadison, Apr 19, 2012.

1. topadison

topadison

we have been getting calls and emails from this free seo company, anyone herd of them or any thoughts on this sort of free seo work ?
    We need some SEO done but not sure who to trust.
    Many thanks
  2. PG

PG

Put it this way.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
  3. Gary

Gary

Look at it this way, they wouldn't be in business if they just went around promoting free seo, you will probably at least have to add a link / banner to them on your website, etc. possibly even a 'free for fist x days then x amount' in some subclause of a subclaus.

However, my guess would be you accept this free seo, they use some automated softwarwe (that google will probably actually penalise you for), or it will at least be limited, you see a rise in visitors (but that won't always mean a rise in ranking, for example I can get you 1000+ uniques a day for absolutely nothing but the quality will be zero and it would almost definitely damage your google presence), however, many don't realise this and will take the extra visitors as them 'doing a good job' who will then offer you a 'discounted special for a limited time only' which looks again too good to be true, you sign up then they make their money, again, maybe from black hat techniques.

I would be dubious about dealing with anybody who cold calls / emails me to be honest and without thorough verification I wouldn't consider touching it.

All the best!
    Wizard likes this.
  4. ndistribution

ndistribution

I must get about 20 calls every week from internet marketing companies - it gets pretty tedious after a while, and I would never entertain the idea of signing up with one.

Someone once told me the best SEO companies are the ones who are too busy to go around cold calling because they're snowed under with work. I'd definitely agree with this.

With SEO you need to demand results (page 1, as close to the top as possible), many marketers will tell you SEO is unprectiable, and it absolutely is. That said, there are a select few companies out there who know SEO inside out, and can guarantee you the results you need. Search engine traffic is very valuable, and it converts great too.

It's good to see you're thinking about SEO, but don't go with a cold caller. Try getting recommendations from some other businesses in your area for a decent SEO company.
  5. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

HI topadison,

It might be much better if you give SEO a try yourself, rather than have someone else do it for you - free or paid.

There are tons of free lessons on the internet which you can readily get your hands on as well as free software too!

If you're willing to give it a try I suggest trying out Traffic Travis, you can download your own software for free :)

Cheers!

Richelle
    topadison likes this.
  6. topadison

topadison

Thanks everyone.
  7. Melanieabc

Melanieabc

For free? Since when do you anything for nothing? Never! There will be a catch to it.. stay well away! If you are interested in hiring an SEO company then here are some tips:
    1. Ask for their previous experience, clients, etc. They should have no problems giving you these details.
    2. How much experience do they have in your industry? Sucess stories?
    3. Reporting/measuring success - Will they report to you regularly with what they have done and their progress? Monthly reports allow you to ask any questions and for them to see that you are happy with the work done so far
    4. Local? - This is up to you but I think its important that your SEO company is local or based in the same country for communication reasons.

Mel
  8. megadanny1

megadanny1

i would never go with a free seo offer unless it was a reputable company offering a free trial of their services to get more clients
    with the free ones they are not going to do any quality linkbuilding just scrapebox/xrumer blasts (for those that don't know those tools they that find thousands of pages to post spam on,) scrapebox is good when used correctly though
    And any onpage seo you can pretty much do yourself with a bit of research
  9. shaununo

shaununo

Google is doing a lot of spanking this late April for any poor shortcuts or black hat tricks any websites have taken for seo, as mentioned you get nothing for free in life, you would probably best avoid these free seo companies.
  10. bowdini

bowdini

Any company that guarantees you 1st page coverage or anything for that matter should be avoided (eg black hat - BMW getting kicked off google). SEO is such a long term goal and can take years to bear fruit. If you are looking for someone to do your SEO then I would look no further than the companies that appear under that search term organically because it's clear that they know what they are doing. Salehoo is right however, if you have time you can do basic fixes very easily by learning. If you're too busy running your business then there is no better form of advertising than word of mouth so you could ask your suppliers (etc) who they use and what they think of them. I know it's slightly off topic but PPC (pay per click) can offer immediate results but can prove costly whilst advertising against a general keyword, all the time wading through your log files adding negative keywords to filter out the rubbish. Apologies for the ramble and grammar (waaaay past my bedtime)
    Lace likes this.