Complete Guide to Timeline for Facebook Pages

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lace, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Superb FB Timeline Gary! Interesting updates too :)

@Dave - if you haven't downloaded your video yet, I use a Firefox plugin called DownloadHelper. Grabs anything that plays.
    Gary likes this.
  2. Dave

Dave

Lace, you have rescued me again, thanks.:)
    Lace could you explain the point of using Google+ please.
    Thanks,
    Dave.
  3. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

SimpleEarth likes this.
  4. Dave

Dave

Thanks Lace.
    I would love to go to Anthony`s seminar but being in Belfast, not cost effective, I will watch your webinar......;)
    Lace likes this.
  5. Dave

Dave

Hi Lace,
    Thats a great link you provided, I signed up for their newsletter/info.
    Dave.
    Lace likes this.
  6. Gary

Gary

I'm another who unfortunately cannot make Anthony's seminar (hopefully one day)

Lace - Regarding google+, would it be worth adding the occasional product on the business page too? as at the moment I'm just doing tips and reviews on my business google+ page and sharing the occasional product from my store to my personal google+ page using addthis (can't seem to be able to share directly to business g+ page)

btw, neither g+ account has much in the way of circles and both are very new
  7. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi Gary, I personally think occasional product features are fine with the emphasis on the word 'occasional'. In any platform, followers and fans are hungry for information such as tips and reviews (which you are successfully doing :) ). In featuring products though, brands have to be very careful not to appear as hard selling and they usually do this by making their product posts really interesting. For instance, tying up celebrity news with a product (i.e. Kim Kardashian spotted using this brand of camera) or posting a curious image of a product (i.e. a photo of a water proof gadget submerged in a fish bowl). You get the idea ;)
  8. Gary

Gary

Thanks lace
  9. Dave

Dave

Has anyone ever run a competition on FB ? My wife enters and wins lots of them.
    I would be keen to try this if I could figure out how to set it up and the benefit to me - Lace, another topic for your webinar...........
  10. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

You're wife is lucky Dave :) Yeah I think, especially with your products, you have a really nice opportunity to increase exposure with a competition. I'd recommend WildFire but it is a bit pricey, Facebook has rules that you can't run competitions directly on their platform hence you need to use a third party app like WildFire to run it.

Noted on the webinar Dave haha ^_^
  11. Dave

Dave

Thanks Lace.
    Good looking site, do you know of any companies that do this from the UK?

Dave
  12. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Actually I am also on the lookout for that but no luck so far x.x
    Wildfire seems to be dominating the market for this.
  13. Proudlock

Proudlock

Found this link just recently that to me seems the most detailed guide to timeline for brands yet - maybe have a look over it Lace and adjust the OP accordingly. It has some information about the rules for cover photos, information on running competitions and allsorts of management and admin stuff also.

A definite read for anyone with a brand timeline page on facebook.

Source: http://info.shoutlet.com/TheUltimateFacebookTimelineforPagesQA.html

Edit 30/3 - Shoutlet are also offering a free to download webinar that offers lots of insight into how to use the timeline features in the best possible ways for your brand - check it out here.
    Lace and SimpleEarth like this.
  14. Gomage

Gomage

thanks! such a useful post!:)
  15. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

You're welcome! :)
  16. Anila Jain

Anila Jain

You have described all in and out about the facebook pages. Really appreciating post.