1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Compubitz.co.uk

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by ekearley, Jun 30, 2009.

1. ekearley

ekearley

Has anyone heard of this website: compubitz.co.uk? are they legit? would appreciate your feedback
  2. Ultravox

Ultravox

Fake. For the following reasons;

Yet they stock plenty of pallets so I find this incredibly suspicious.

Registered only a month ago with a different address to the one given on the website.
    The contact info on the website leads to another company.
    Do not use.
  3. ekearley

ekearley

Has anyone heard of bluebayelectronics.com? are they legit?
  4. Ultravox

Ultravox

The site looks poor and they have a lot of missing products.
    However, their pricing doesn't seem too bad.

One thing that would stop me using them is lack of a physical address, even after a WHOIS search. I'd approach with caution and ask for all the necessary documentation.
  5. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

I have ordered some ipods from them, I paid him 3 weeks ago, I still havnt got my stuff. He has come up with many different reasons, from the shipping adress was wronge to the latest one ( had a accident on the way to come and deliver the goods to your place :D)

any ways I am still positive and I hope he turns out legit. Will let you guys know ;)

But from my experince I would suggest you guys wait until I get my stock or if you can afford to lose out if it turns out he is fake then go for it :D

Remember, no nuts no glory lady luck favours the brave :cool:

Peace out my people, thanks for this website it will help me grow my business and give me the answers to most of my business questions. :keepontop
  6. Ultravox

Ultravox

Sorry to hear that JZ. Sounds like the typical response of someone who will not be delivering the goods.

Lady Luck prefers people who ask on these forums, get a detailed response and can make an informed decision whether to proceed.
  7. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

Wow, JZ, I like your attitude, but in the world of business it is never going to earn you any money. Positive can be a massive negative in business terms mate.

You really need to read the whole of this website before you decide on your next venture.
  8. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

Mate, I ordered 10 x playstation 3's from Compubitz two weeks ago. Two days after the delivery was due, I got an e-mail from the owners 'Girlfriend' claiming the owner had been involved in an accident and was in hospital. For this reason he couldn't get to his warehouse to find out the tracking number and courier used for delivery (the company they claim to use on their website 'PalletLine' are a distributor and select a third party courier to deliver based on location of package). I tried to track my order down with the the company, no joy.

Then when I questioned the owners girlfriend I was told they actually used InterPallet (I can't find any info on this company). So then the girlfriend came back to me the following day and said the package had been retained by the delivery agent as they had not been paid by Compubitz for delivery. The girlfriend then said she was going to collect my items from the agent and deliver them personally. Then she informed the items were not where she expected, that they were in a 'central hub' in Stafford.. then after the weekend they had got the goods back, but couldn't deliver as the girlfriend was on leave and the owner (now out of hospital following his accident) couldn't drive due to his broken arm.

To end the story, they were due to arrive this morning first thing, and I have just been informed that she left late, but will be with me in an hour!

The optimist in me says that this has all been an unfortunate chain of events, and the goods will turn up. However the realist says this has all been a way of dragging the days out (as with yourself - 3 weeks since you paid), before we wake-up, smell the coffee, and inform the authorities. I mean, I've been told they will throw in 10 Nintendo DS Lites FREE as a way of apologizing for the inconvenience.. does that sound viable to you?!

I will leave it till midday, before I smell that coffee, will keep you posted.....
  9. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Wow good to hear im not alone in the boat, sad to hear there is no happy stories about the company tho :(

But I did some research yesterday, I contacted a company that is located on the area and the lady I spoke with told me that I should have done more research before I paid the guy, but I have learned my lesson as this time the company was GENUINE.

So based on that I think he accutally is true, but has just had a real bad couple of times.

Then again I am new in business but I have heard of like BIG PROJECT like build train tracks and they promise to deliver in 2 years but it ends up taking 3 or 4 years, its just part of business, I dont know I am always the optimist.

Worst come to worst, if he is fake we will make it know to every one and the law of karma and you get what you pay, will refund him for conning us in the 10 folds!!!!

Either way im good:cool: Keep your head up guys I feel he is 4 real :D..... for now any ways

I hope I don't get to smell the coffee this time lol...
  10. Ultravox

Ultravox

Either you are incredibly rich and have no real value of money, or you have no clue as to create a viable business.
    'Ill send them money even though I've been warned against using them, simply because the owner sounds nice'. Incredibly silly attitude towards it. As the story above states, items are not being delivered, these stories are made up to keep it dragging on.
    Move On!
  11. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

OK I dunno the bells are ringing LOUD around this guy!!!!

So I think the next step should be to make every body aware that this guy is a con.

I could not find any thing about him on ************************

But this is the info I have on him so far, what can we do to let the right people know he scams?

T - 07005 802803

F - 07005 802808

E - ***********************

Our administration office is located at :

Suite 210 , Coborn House , Coborn Road , London , E3 2DA.

Where We Are
    We store all our items securely in a self storage unit in Camberley, Surrey. We do not entertain personal callers. All items purchased are collected by PALLETLINE on our behalf and shipped direct to our customers. See About Us page for more information.
    Storage & Correspondence Address
    COMPUBITZ
    Unit 2, Trafalgar Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3BN

Halifax Plc, Account No 04947885, Sort Code 110001.

Compubitz Unit 2, Trafalgar Way, Camberley, UK, United Kingdom, GU15 3BN

PLEASE CLOSE THIS GUY DOWN!!!!

Thank you universe!:dance:
  12. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Well guy I got my money back this time.

:)

But I still would recommend you guys to stay away from him.

TOO MANY BELL RINGING AROUND HIM.

John Over n OUT.:cool:
  13. emperordikki

emperordikki

How did you get a refund?

My bank told me to go to the police... if this guy is a con-artist he could escape with £1775 of my money. I really can't afford that. There was nothing about this guy being a con-artist when I bought the goods and now this pops up :\
  14. Ultravox

Ultravox

How did you pay?
  15. emperordikki

emperordikki

Bank transfer...
  16. Ultravox

Ultravox

Speak to the Police, file a report (although it won't do much) and give that report to your bank.
  17. emperordikki

emperordikki

Will my bank give me my money back then?
  18. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD

Uhhh nope.
  19. Ultravox

Ultravox

No. But they'll log the case.
  20. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

I just kept bothering him about my goods and told him if I did not get the goods by friday I would like my money back.

Just be nice but firm and explain to him the info you got of him... i think i posted a thread about his info and make him understand it will be easy for the police to find him.

Be inventive, good luck.

p.s he only paid back by cheq so it still needs to clear, will let ya know if it clears :niceone: