1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Compubitz.co.uk

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by ekearley, Jun 30, 2009.

1. rosettastone

rosettastone

It is a criminal offence to give someone a cheque with no INTENTION to pay, but only if 'no intention' can be proved. It is not a criminal offence to write a cheque with no funds -- funds could be transferred in to the current account instantly, days after the cheque is written.
  2. PCDropship

PCDropship

Writing Cheque(s) with no funds available is FRAUD.

You are not allowed to write a cheque unless you have funds to cover it. IF you write a cheque with no funds available it is a crminal offence. If you write a cheque with funds available then with draw the funds it is not.

If you write multipul cheques then they all bounce because there was no funds in the first place then you have commited fraud and the police will investigate.

Strange how you registerd for one post on this subject ???
  3. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

They bounced because "they were stopped" I dont know by whom. I reckon by him self really.

His is building some stuff thats going to give him problems for a long time! He has messed over the wrong bunch. He might think we are not doing any thing, but there are some serious stuff going on in the pipes ;) See ya in hell Scott!
  4. rosettastone

rosettastone

I am glad you noticed. We all should be more vigilant and suspicious of new forum 'members'. On the other hand, Scott (or his mates) could very well be a registered user for a long time.

I did check up legal documents before I posted, so I'll leave it for others to check up themselves.
  5. rosettastone

rosettastone

Just to confirm, yes our bank told me that Scott went to stop the cheque himself (and yes, I am a victim too and indeed had reported to the police before this forum thread had started.)
  6. fiona.b_20

fiona.b_20

Has anyone had refunds yet from this guy? he told me he's refunded everyone but 2 and that mine must just be "slow processing"!
  7. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Not me, al tho got an email with a picture, showing a on-line bank transfer.

But given his track record...
  8. fiona.b_20

fiona.b_20

yeah i got the same but no money...
  9. mdsltd

mdsltd

Come on people when will you see that he is not going to pay you a penny. Just club together & go the police with 1 central crime reference number. They will do something then guaranteed :niceone:
  10. Ultravox

Ultravox

They're already doing that.
  11. mdsltd

mdsltd

Well he will eventually get arrested then. I very much doubt they will get any money back, but you never know
  12. Martin.Bollen

Martin.Bollen

I have recently experienced the same with Compubitz. The accident and girlfriend story is all too familiar.

here is what I have been advised to do by the police:

- Contact Trading Standards

- Send him a letter stating:
    - He is in breach of contract by not providing the items which you have paid for.
    - He is in breach of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, and are required by law to refund all monies within 30 days.
    - He will be personally liable for court costs as well as a full refund as he is not a limited company.

- If there is no reply send him another follow up letter, reminding him of the above facts and pursue it through small claims court.

- by sending him two letters (recorded delivery) you show that you have been reasonable, and done as much as you can to reclaim your money without court intervention.

As I say I only found out he was a con man today (and I researched him and still got stung!) I am obviously in the early stages of the proceedure so I will keep you updated as to how I get on.

Good luck to everyone else who is trying to get money back.

Martin.
  13. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Hi martin, Welcome to the club, its a stupid club, but none the less, were are all in the same boat,

Please keep me update on ******************

Kind Regards John Zimbe
  14. rosettastone

rosettastone

According to Scott's 'confession' letter (why he should be telling the truth, I have no idea), he has 9 creditors to who he owes £8,600. So far, if we include Martin, we can account for 6 people. It looks like 3 more people 'out there' also in the same boat.
  15. nickg

nickg

Hi folks, I've only just found this forum but have read this thread with interest as I though about buying from this guy - thankfully it remained a thought!

Sorry to gate crash your thread but is this of any interest or does it ring any bells. Here in Scotland I seem to recall there is some sort of process where you can sequestrate (bankrupt) somebody and this then puts a total freeze on all their bank accounts etc and effectively stops them trading. It may only be under Scottish law and I can't remember the exact facts but a mate of mine had to do it some time ago.

Good luck to you guys anyway and I hope you get your money back and to nail this guy would be a bonus!

Nick
  16. dickycolin

dickycolin

I really enjoyed reading this thread. Come on guys! I really want to know how things pan out. This is way better than Eastenders!

Whats the latest I dying to know!

And I wish you all the best of luck in getting your money back. Thank god for this forum!
  17. Martin.Bollen

Martin.Bollen

This guy owes me £800. and I'm still plaguing him with e-mails everyday - and how convenient that he's answering none of them. I'm going to send the letter to his business address (if it is infact a real address!)

I can't remember if anyone has or not but has anyone found out a home address for him? I'd love to know it if anyone has found out.

On a side issue, does anyone know of any legit wholesalers out there for ps3's etc coz I'm not going to let this c*nt destroy my internet business ambitions, it will just make me more careful.

Cheers guys.
  18. dickycolin

dickycolin

Read the rest of this post all of your questions have been answered. This guy is a total con artist. You will not see your money. There are some guys that are getting together and sending in a PI to get their money back. I suggest that you read through the previous 22 pages and get all the info on this guy.

There is info all over the net about this company and their scamming operation. Contact John Zimbe ZK100k above he is currently hunting this looser down. You can join in and make a stronger case against him.
  19. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

HI, and welcome to our show "Catching Scott" :D

lol

I am glad this thread is still helping people, and keeping Scott from conning any more people.

But because he is aware of this Forum, we can not post every thing that we are discussing and actions we are taking. But we do have some nice things cooking, I am sure one of us, will post soon enough, when the time is right, till then sit tight :)

Stay tuned .... :niceone:

John
  20. kelbar

kelbar

Hi there, just thought l would provide you with some information on the company above, l am afraid anybody who has bought anything from this **** is screwed and
    wont be recieving any goods.

trust me when i say l live in the same town as this guy and if you would like to know more about him you can send me a personal mail to ***************************
    and i will tell you stuff that you wont believe, he & another are currently being tried in
    reading crown court for fraud & deception from me and lots of other people all over the country, he has pleasded guilty and will be sentenced in 28 days time.

Anyone who is thinking of buyiing from this creep DONT you wont recieve anything
    and will lose your hard earned cash

wont say to much over this forum but you are more than welcome to pass on my email address to anyone else you know on this forum and l will respond

Regards

Keith