1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Compubitz.co.uk

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by ekearley, Jun 30, 2009.

1. boyracer1982

boyracer1982

This guy - Scott Leigh Canarn was jailed a couple of years ago for exactly the same thing. He was then running a company called 'Scocan Wholesale'. I was ripped off back in 2005 for a couple of grand. I did manage to get it back however and have him sent down!

I kept all the emails from the police etc. and have a contact with Berkshire Constabulary who are very familiar with this idiot.
  2. x_Emily_x

x_Emily_x Banned Member

i too have enjoyed reading this post, and as i was saying to some eejit yesterday this is what i already love about the forum, the way you all stick together as a community!

GOOD LUCK GUYS

please keep posting lol
  3. nikzGfx

nikzGfx

Just googled his name, if it's the same person, seems like he was arrested for Ponzi scheme:

"I was taken in by a UK con artist Scott Leigh Canarn who was jailed for a ponzi scheme after investigation by the UK Serious Fraud Office"
  4. aadham

aadham

ive read every post so far and id love to see this guy go down as a message to all the scammers in the online wholesale industry.

any new updates?
    this is irrelevant but as this forum is read often, all users should avoid the website **************************** as its as fraudulent as it gets.
  5. Sphinx111

Sphinx111

This is good to hear, but we cant verify he is actually being tried or sentenced. You are, in my opinion, most likely to be Scott or an accomplice attempting to divert the attack squad.

Sorry if I have misjudged you, but you've given no convincing reason for the offended traders to discontinue their plan of action.

Regards,
    Sphinx111
  6. Ultravox

Ultravox

He isn't asking anyone to stop tracking him. He's advising people not to buy from him.
  7. Gary

Gary

I don't know what the "closing down sale" was all about, his site compubitz.co.uk is down with the message:

Though his site is still there and trading at - shopcreator.com/mall/departmentpage.cfm/Compubitz/_274306/1 , which is where I found him.

by the way,now trading under the address:

Thought the prices looked too good to be true, which is why I decided to look it up on here, I'm glad that I did before parting with any hard earned cash!

All the best to those who got scammed but I seriously wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you.

Just hope this scumbag gets what he deserves!
  8. RichardHull

RichardHull

Hi everyone,
    I would like to join the Been Conned By Scott Club, unfortunately i have fallen victim to his latest site **************************
    Like the rest of you i would love to catch up with this scumbag, fortunately i haven't given him a fortune (only £200) but he's just annoying the hell out of me.
    How did the rest of you get on with this guy, will he be operating his computer from a wheelchair yet or are we all still waiting for that glorious day.
    Rich
  9. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

I have diced to let the police deal with him, last thing I heard was he was going to court, I have not heard the out come, I have been meaning to get on top of this, but I have kissed that money good bye and learned a lesson. I suggest you do the same, cause feeling negative about the situation wont bring you money back any faster!

In short dont worry be happy :)
  10. maria64

maria64

This conman has laltely been scamming people from a company called premiumwholesale.co.uk , he advertised his goods, ipods, playstatios, iphones on joblot.com and has ripped off a few people. He ripped me off to the tune of 775.00. Does anyone know any more about him?
  11. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

yes, I have emailed you the details. Sorry to hear he is still conning.
  12. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Just got news Scott got 3 years 8 months for his ordeal and wont be able to get parole until at least half that time is severed!

I guess crime does not pay!:cool:
  13. wazza121990

wazza121990

it does, because he still has your money does he not?
  14. malacay

malacay

Looks like he is back to his old tricks

Name changed to Scott Woodage director of Blue Cloud Europe Limited
  15. rosettastone

rosettastone

I am sorry to hear that Scott Canarn is back to con people. He uses0 every trick under the sun and knows how to get away with it. He has no scruples at all, ruined my 16 year old son albeit gave my son an extremely steep learning curve in life. Getting him jailed last time was not straight forward by any means. Most of us victims had difficulties in convincing our local police to take action because Scott uses the usual trick of stalling and refunding with bounced cheques, so the police would say it is a civil case, not criminal,and would not take action. I must thank this forum for shared information, otherwise I would not have found out that he was based in Reading and that he was jailed before.

The case almost got thrown out because of some non communication between Reading Crown Court and the CPS. I had only found that out after phoning the detective in charge to chase up. He said he was glad that I did. Then another twist was Scott tried to shrug off the crime using his mother. By the way, I am fairly sure that his sentence was less than 3 years and 8 months. I need to check my records -- one full box file. Then we had to go through the confiscation case and got a bit over 300 quid back 3 years after Scott conned 1440 quid from my son. My son was going through his GCSE exams, borrowed money from schoolmates, didn't ask me knowing that I would disapprove. He wanted to be an entrepreneur but ended up washing up in a cafe for the whole summer after his GCSEs to pay some of his debt. I hope Scott rots in hell.