1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Compubitz.co.uk

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by ekearley, Jun 30, 2009.

1. emperordikki

emperordikki

No that is my name, he made it look like he was sending the payment to me. His name was Scott.
  2. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

Emp, I bank with the Halifax, and they told me that while it is just my word against his - nothing can be done, maybe that will change if enough of us put a case forward and explain that this guy is ripping off many people and using a Halifax account?....
  3. emperordikki

emperordikki

I've contacted my bank and put in a complaint which they will pass on to Halifax - if they see his account as fraudulent then they will freeze it and hold any funds that are inside of it. From there who knows what they will do, maybe they will trace it to his other accounts and stop them too, etc.
  4. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

Richard, call the Halifax and ask to speak to the fraud dept, and explain you experience quoting his sort code and account number, in fact I would suggest that to all that have had an experince with him, the more that do it, the more chance we have of the Halifax doing something about it!...

Thanks Canada for the advice.
  5. emperordikki

emperordikki

I already have called their fraud department but the data protection act bla bla bla. No good.
  6. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

I know data protection is the barrier but if enough calls get logged to convince the Halifax that serious fraud is being committed using an account of their's, they have the power to freeze the assets (if they haven't already been transferred).

This makes interesting reading:

"
    Damned spammers

I am getting so fed up with the Nigerian Scam spammers. They have invaded places where they just have no damned business. No sane person would ever fall for this crap anyway. Heck we've all been tempted by stuff that's too good to be true. I was taken in by a UK con artist Scott Leigh Canarn who was jailed for a ponzi scheme after investigation by the UK Serious Fraud Office. His scheme was more credible than the Nigerian Scam.
    "
  7. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

I completely agree, with the information we have we should go down the PI route, please put your name forward if you want to pursue that option, we'll get our money back at least..

Ultravox how much do you think that would cost?
  8. Ultravox

Ultravox

It costs more if you aren't collecting money, because he's happier to accept 10% of what he collects.
    I'll dig it out in an hour or so.
  9. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

10. Ultravox

Ultravox

Ok, his prices have gone up since the last time I used him.
    His Email: info@wis-int.com

Enjoy.
  11. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

Thanks very much for that Ultravox.

So who is willing to get a little consortium together to track this guy and retrieve our money?
  12. fkismad

fkismad

Has anyone who lives in Berkshire visited the whois address to see if its his real address?

7 Wayland Close
    Bracknell
    Berkshire
    RG12 9JP
    United Kingdom
  13. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Did you also buy stuff from compubitz.co.uk and never got what you paid for??

John
  14. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Please m8 if you could elaborate more on " because he's happier to accept 10% of what he collects. "

Does this mean he either takes 10% (or as you stated in a later tread 20% now) and we dont pay anything else.

Or do we have to pay 300-500 Euro and then on top of that he will ask for a 20% of what money he might get out of Scott?

How did he go about things from your own experience? How long did he take etc.
    Knowing we got a whole lot of info about this guy, how long you reckon he could take?

Thanks again,

John.:niceone:
  15. Ultravox

Ultravox

It's now 300-500 + 20% of what he collects.
    Took him less than a week, had my money the week after.
    However, I had the guys National Tax card, so it was much easier to trace him.
  16. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

OK.

Not bad, that's pretty fast :) I bet you was happy getting your cash back and knowing the scammer got his :D

Any ways I think we will ask for a discount since we are in recession time :( we need to save every little penny.

I hope he will be able to accept £300 plus 15% of £4725 which is around £700 so if every one here wants to try and get their money back minus 15% and 50-80 pounds for the P.I service.

write to me or paulgreeny83,

my msn/email is ******************

One of us will post further details once we have spoken with the PI company.

Thnx again ultra, God bless ya!
  17. emperordikki

emperordikki

His name is Scott Leigh Canarn!!! He sent me his online bank details in the link I posted you with this on it: SL Canarn. That message before about this guy being jailed, its him!
  18. emperordikki

emperordikki

See above. Scott Leigh Canarn. Also take a look at the screenshot I sent you all. It has SL Canarn in the details.
  19. emperordikki

emperordikki

I found this on creditgate.com

20. Ultravox

Ultravox

Another tactic I'm aware of that has been used to get back money;
    Try emailing Scott and telling him you have all his details and will post all over the internet. If they are a 16yr old kid doing a few scams on the side, this will definitely give them a kick.