1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Compubitz.co.uk

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by ekearley, Jun 30, 2009.

1. marleywholesale

marleywholesale Banned Member

Did you buy goods from this person ? If you paid with your bank card try speaking to your bank. If you did a bank transfer still contact your bank its still possable to get the money back.
  2. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

I know that Marley :)

I am dealing with a con-artist who is asking for my sort code and account number - I very much doubt he wants it so he can pay me my money back. I am concerned what he wants it for - and if I am at risk by giving him my account number and sort code.
  3. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

I have gone down every route possible! See previous posts :)
  4. marleywholesale

Did you speak to the debt collecting agent on 08000461747 , Do you have emails from this person ? Do you have all proof of making payment to this person ? If so then you have a good chance of getting the money back.
  5. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

I have more then 20 emails going back and forward with this guy.

Everything to prove I paid him and he was going to send me my goods etc.

I have called graham, he is very helpfull

thnx for the contact :)
    :niceone:
  6. marleywholesale

No worrys , GRAHAM is very good at collecting payments. He will help you with this
  7. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

This the latest email from "SCOTTT"

This is why I thought the guy was the real deal. Read it and see how he writes, he should have been a actor lol :D

But I am ever the optimist and I hope this time he is for real.!!!:niceone:

Dear Customer

I would like to take this opportunity to issue a statement. I realise it may be too late for this but never the less I feel obliged to do so as quite a few rumours are being circulated and I feel I have not had the opportunity to set the record straight :

My Past

I do confirm that in the past I have acted the wrong side of the law. I do not feel proud of this and wish to stress that I have paid for those mistakes several times over.

Compubitz

Like everyone else I too wish to make a living. Compubitz is a genuine business. Admittedly I have had a few problems with the business and a few personal issues as well which has led to the recent demise of Compubitz. As I sit here now I can tell you that I have 9 customers (including yourself) where business dealings have gone a little sour. Apart from this I have over 34 other customers who have no grievance or issues with me nor my business. Each of these 34 customers have paid for goods and received them. Unfortunately you and 8 others have been caught up in my problems which I have tried to address as quickly as possible but to no avail.

I am not sitting here whinging nor feeling sorry for myself in life sometimes **** happens but I can whole heartedly say without little trouble that NONE of you were deliberately scammed nor being conned. I realise that my past may tell a different story and you are more than welcomed to your opinion but I have nothing to hide and too a certain degree I am happy that my past has come out as nobody likes skeletons in the closet.

As you will probably see I have now temporarily suspended trading on our website. The reason is to not cause any further problems allowing me to concentrate on resolving the issues I have with you and the unfortunate 8 others. This I intend to do.

Resolution

I have this morning been to my Bank which as many of you are aware is The Halifax. The most I can withdraw in cash is £1200 without notice. If you do not believe me please contact your local Halifax branch or visit their website for clarification of this. I have though given notice to withdraw sufficient cash to enable me to pay each and everyone of you in full. I will be in a position to do this on Wednesday. The total sum of these refunds exceeds £8600 and after consulting with my legal advisor been told that under no circumstance must I prefer a creditor. This is why you will all receive your refunds IN CASH on WEDNESDAY.

Intention

On Wednesday (15th June 2009) I will withdraw the cash required. I have most of your bank account details. My intention is to pay CASH over the counter at your respected bank branches. Once I get home I will personally send each of you the relevant cash deposit slip by email. If I do not have your bank details please supply them to me in lieu of wednesday by emailing *********************** If you do not trust me enough to supply your bank details I accept this but your only method of receiving your refund will be by a bank draft which I will collect and post to you by 1st class recorded delivery on Wednesday.

The Future

I do intend starting Compubitz again once I have settled these refunds. I am currently also organising a proper retail unit where buyers can come , view and buy stock from me. Further more I will be setting up a proper credit card merchant account with my bank to accept credit and debit cards.

Once refunded I am happy to draw a line under these unfortunate events and deal with you in future if you wish too.

Internet Comments

I would also appreciate that any comments left on forums or alike are withdrawn once your refunds are processed. I realise that I cannot force you too do so but I would like to think that you are willing to give me the chance to move on.

I would finally like to personally apologise for any inconvenience I have caused you. As I stated, I have not deliberately acted in an unscrupulous manner and my past has somewhat gone before me. I can see why this has happened as I am not stupid but everyone makes mistakes and errors, its human nature and everyone deserves a second chance.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Scott Canarn
  8. Ultravox

Ultravox

At least he's a scammer who can string sentences together.
    If you get your refund. Do not remove any of these comments.
  9. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

Yeah i'm guessing we all got the same e-mail.

If he is an honest trader, why did his other two previous companies go under again leaving customers without goods?

I don't believe him - but I just can't understand why he's carrying on like this. If he has no intention of refunding, surely he'd sail off into the sunset and we'd never hear from him.

Also, if he's got out bank details, why does he need the cash to pay us back? He could simply pay via bank transfer without stepping foot into a branch or withdrawing cash.

What do you think Ultra?
  10. Ultravox

Ultravox

I think it is highly unlikely he will refund you and has seen this forum and this thread.
    I think you have him a little nervous with all this talk of debt collectors, PI's and the fact you all have his contact details. In fact, a little nervous may be an understatement.
    Keep doing exactly what you're doing now and push forward.
    But regardless of the outcome, don't remove any comments. Even if he refunds you, would you do business with him again? Or want anyone else doing business with him?

Consumer power!
  11. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

no dont ever ever ever buy from this guy! He is unreliable!
  12. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

I spoke with mr Graham and have emailed him all the info about Scott and the link to this forum.

After some digging, he says he would be happy to take on this case as dept collector for a fee of a min. £120 up to £400 pounds depending on how many people want to use his service to get our money back.

So its a bit cheaper then using the P.I all though I dont know what "Street" methods the P.I would use to get our money back.

Please reply guys, on which one you think we should use?

I am good either way.

I will talk with mr Graham on Wednesday, so please let us know how you want to proceed.

John:cool::niceone:
  13. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

John,

I'm going to give Scott till Wednesday. I might be too trusting, but he's managed to convince me he'll be refunding on Wednesday. If he does, it will be a waste of money to lay out on an investigator.

If we don't get a refund by Wednesday, i'll obviously crack on with our plans.

Thanks.
  14. lee246

lee246

I just have a little email for you all to browse through. I signed up for the Compubitz newsletter a while back and recieved this. I'm not sure how any of you will take it, as I myself don't know what to make of it, but I hope it will help with the situation. The more info the better.

Dear Newsletter Subscriber / Valued Customer,
    Unfortunately I have had to suspend trading my business Compubitz.
    This is due to some operating issues which need resolving. I have therefore suspended our website for the time being whilst I address these issues. Please do not panic if you have any order outstanding as these are still being processed as normal and I will write to you personally by email with regards your outstanding order and delivery.
    Compubitz will trade again shortly and you will be informed as soon as we do start trading again.
    In future we will be operating from a retail unit so you can visit us , look at stock and buy. I will also have set up a proper credit and debit card processing system. I will no longer accept Paypal , Google Checkout nor any similar person to person money transfer service. A lot of our operating problems have developed due to these, especially Google and Paypal.
    Another issue which will be resolved is DELIVERIES. I intend finding a suitable and reliable delivery agent, possibly even employing a full time delivery person myself.
    I hope to be in touch with you again soon.
    Thank you for supporting me to date and I hope that the new changes will benefit us all in future.
    Kind Regards
    Scott - Compubitz
  15. paulgreeny83

paulgreeny83

Yeah think we've all had the same mate, i'm going to wait and see what happens on Wednesday..
  16. emperordikki

emperordikki

One word - b*ll*cks. It is funny... how did he intend to refund me when he didn't even know what bank I use? Hmm. The guy is clever but not that clever. He has prattled on about giving us refunds, bla bla and it is obvious he has seen these threads and I'm glad he has! Because he knows what will happen if he doesn't refund our money - I for one am happy to use 'street methods' while at the same time getting my money back.

One way or the other we will get our money back.

I think we should continue our plans anyway and then wait for wednesday, if nothing then we go straight for the money shot.
  17. lee246

lee246

Has anyone recieved the latest emails?
    He's having one last shot at ripping people off by offering clearnance stock at low prices, so he can get rid and start afresh in August.

I will gladly copy & paste them for anyone who is interested.
  18. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Please post, NAME AND SHAME him!:mad:
  19. lee246

lee246

First Email:

COMPUBITZ CLOSING DOWN
    STOCK CLEARANCE

As you know we are closing down and will be re styling our business with a new retail cash and carry unit and better operating system than normal. These effects will be taking place during August 2009 but before then we are selling off our current remaining stock at VERY LOW PRICES! As a current customer or newsletter subscriber you can take full advantage of this stock clearance. Just look at what we have to offer now at our lowest ever never to be repeated price
    EVERYTHING MUST GO

PALLET OF 10 X ACER ASPIRE 5535 LAPTOPS. BRAND NEW BOXED WITH ACER WARRANTIES
    WAS 1150.00 NOW 750.00​

- NOW SOLD -

PALLET OF 25 X IPOD TOUCH 32GB IPODS 2ND GENERATION. BRAND NEW AND BOXED WITH APPLE WARRANTIES
    WAS 1375.00 NOW 750.00​

PALLET OF 10 X IPOD 120GB CLASSIC IPODS. 6TH GENERATION BRAND NEW WITH APPLE WARRANTIES
    WAS 750.00 NOW 450.00​

- NOW SOLD -

PALLET OF 25 X XBOX 360 GAME CONSOLES (ELITE VERSION) ALL BOXED AND BRAND NEW WITH WARRANTIES
    WAS 1375.00 NOW 850.00​

PALLET OF 50 X NINTENDO DS LITES ALL BOXED AND BRAND NEW WITH FULL WARRANTIES. MIXED COLOURS RED / BLACK & BLUE
    WAS 2500.00 NOW 1500.00​

PALLET OF 25 X SONY PS3 80GB GAME CONSOLES WITH TERMINATOR GAMES PACK BRAND NEW & BOXED
    WAS 1875.00 NOW 950.00​

Interested in buying from us? Well please email us at ​
    *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  20. JZ100K

JZ100K Banned Member

Good Job Lee,

Make every one know about this guys is still conning!!!!!

Makes me sick!!!!!!!!!

He better pay back that money tomorrow or else! He will feel the energy of the universe and we will get agents and Private Detectives on his ass!