Congrats to TWF on 'Alerts' feature...

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by MSFB, May 8, 2012.

1. MSFB

MSFB

Does anyone else think the new(ish) Alerts feature on this forum is real website win?

I find it more addictive to log back in and see if anyone's interacted with my posts. It would be even better if you got an alert each time there was a new response to a thread you had posted it so you can keep track of replies that havent quoted you easier.

Anyway, think it's a cool feature that enhances the forum, wd!!
  2. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

There should also be a feature where you can gain a members attention. E.G if you see a thread by someone who is requestiong hosting, could put @redspell or @pete or @saajan or whatever and they would get a notification in case they missed the thread.
    Saajan likes this.
  3. SimonN

SimonN

I believe you can. Make sure you have "watched threads" ticked in your alerts preferences.
  4. successjourney

successjourney

I really like the yellow numbers that appear on top of Alerts. Tiny but very eye catching! And when I miss them, it's floating on the left corner of the screen. Pretty cool.

When I log back and there are no alerts, I am sad :(.... :D It's one element of addiction, I think.

I was thinking of posting a similar thread about these features. I wonder who has the highest number of Alerts in a given time when s/he logs in.
  5. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

I actually love it to bits, I think someone named Anthony came up with the idea :D

Now I can't imagine not having it and like what our MOTM says, I get sad too when I get zero alerts haha

If you're on Facebook, they have a similar notifications feature but I find our Alerts load even faster without interrupting the page you're currently in.
  6. Jenilee

Jenilee

I like the Alerts feature as well. It's the first thing I check before browsing the forum.
    I'm always excited to read the posts to my threads and to the threads I replied to. :)
  7. planner

planner

Sometimes some threads you started or left a post on don't flag up. Nothing major, just thought I would mention it.