1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Conversion Rate Optimisation, Live, on a Real Site AND You Can Follow Along...

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by 0754ben84, Apr 13, 2016.

1. 0754ben84

0754ben84

Hey all,

I've had an idea but before I just go ahead I thought I'd put it to you to see if anyone is actually interested in what I'm doing as its gonna take a substantial amount of time.

My idea is to use my own pet care website and do some real, live conversion rate optimisation on it to increase the amount of leads that come into our business.

The best part is that it will use FREE (and very cool) tools that you can sign up to use yourself and you can follow along with your own websites if you wish to.

It will probably go on for months as we test and optimise the different pages on our site and the thread will be updated by me on a weekly basis.

As you guys are probably aware now, I'm a bit obsessed by this and that's because you can make big gains very quickly, without spending tons of money.

Anyway, before I just go ahead I thought I'd get your thoughts on whether you're even interested...
  2. Dean

Dean

Sounds very interesting. I'll certainly try and follow along although I have my fingers in so many pies at the moment, I might have to get one of my staff involved.
    0754ben84 likes this.
  3. Cody

Cody

Sounds great,

When you get this set up I'd love to share it on our social and see how many we can get involved. It sounds like a great training opportunity.
  4. 0754ben84

0754ben84

What do you do Dean?
  5. Dean

Dean

Our main line is a very niche product that we retail under our own brand but also do a lot of wholesale.
  6. Gary

Gary

A list of recommended tools and what they do would be great, even better with working examples.

It definitely sounds interesting, I'll be honest and say that many things are a little "in the air" at the moment with a lot of changes needed, so whereas I may not be able to implement much immediately I would certainly bookmark the thread to refer to once things settle a bit.

I have done some manual optimisation on one of my current websites, but some tools for either the implementation or monitoring of changes on my new (upcoming) site(s) could be both helpful and interesting, as obviously some optimisations will be made when setting up where applicable, so anything additional to help would be great.
  7. Aulola UK Wholesale

Aulola UK Wholesale

What aspect do you mean? SEO? SEM? SMM? And what tools are you going to use?
  8. 0754ben84

0754ben84

Conversion rate optimisation. It's got nothing to do with with SEO, SEM or SMM.

It's all about how to convert your visitors into customers/ leads/ subscribers once they're actually on your site.

Make sense?

And I'll disclose the tools I use if I go ahead with the case study.
  9. Aulola UK Wholesale

Aulola UK Wholesale

Go it. I think Google Analytics Experiment & Funnels & Attribution are the best tools.
  10. psxgamer

psxgamer

You may count me in. Already made some changes to my website after reading your article with A/B testing.
  11. Flippinsweet|Danny

Flippinsweet|Danny

Count me interested! SEO is big focus at the moment, so i'll be watching with a keen eye ;)
  12. Cody

Cody

SEO is huge currently, however CRO should be too. When people think about SEO they most likely get confused and instead mean CRO.

SEO is more about traffic using keywords, and when it comes to changing your website, making it more user friendly and so on (and although does affect SEO positively) this is where many get confused. This is not purely SEO, but CRO. CRO is as @0754ben84 said:
    This could mean digging deeper into your data using Analytics, analysing your users, the bounce rate, performance, browser performance, userbility, speed and so on. These are all aspects of the CRO experience.