1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Events Coverage: 9th Philippine SME Business Expo and Conference

Discussion in 'Trade Shows, Fairs & Exhibitions' started by Erik, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Erik

Erik

As always, being here in the Philippines means I can cover what's happening in the business and eCommerce industry on the other side of the planet, and at the moment - Asia is becoming a huge area for business innovations and eCommerce opportunities.

[​IMG]
    As of this writing, I am inside the 9th Philippine SME Business expo and conference, where companies large and small gather to find the best services for startups, new business opportunities, and various franchise opportunities.

More images and previews of some of the businesses here to follow!
  2. Erik

Erik

And yours truly is back from the 9th Philippine SME Business Expo and Conference! Apologies for the late update, but due to a whole day of roaming around the trade show, my body felt tired from walking around, talking to multiple businesses. Figured it would be best to update everyone once everything sank in to memory, so here we go!

[​IMG]

The event is still happening as of this writing today, but since I already talked to most of the businesses around and already have some picks on good businesses to feature, might as well update everyone right now.

There are quite a few interesting businesses that exhibited and featured. Since the event is mostly based on starting up – regardless of the type of business you are in – I saw a number of different companies catering to different types of needs.

A good chunk of exhibitors in the expo are businesses that are open for franchising. Franchise options in the country are quite a lot, and vary from small ones – small food business stalls, to huge ones – a gasoline station! One that got me is a new concept of idea in the agriculture industry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These guys have a different type of “franchising” opportunity, in which you lease a set number of farm / poultry animals (goats, cattle, chickens etc) and they will raise and develop them on your behalf. Now no matter what these animals produce (milk, eggs, etc), you will get the benefit. But take note that their programs are on leasing terms only, in which you reap the rewards in a set amount of time (e.g. 3 years).

Next up is a rewards program, a loyalty program to be exact. What they claim is that your business could have a loyalty program for your customers in which, these customers can get rebates from purchases made in your businesses and other partner merchants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What’s interesting in this is that for businesses, you get a 1% sales commission if your own customers use their loyalty card to other merchants / marketplaces, which include the biggest online marketplace in South East Asia, Lazada. Customers, get rebates, and you even earn a little passive income on the side!

Just to see how far the trade market is now in the Philippines, I was surprised to come across this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zayles, a new development startup, has created an order and inventory management system aimed at local audiences. Similar to systems we see from Linnworks or other order management software we see here in TWF, although specifically aimed to locals as at the moment they do not have integrations with both Amazon and eBay, as both giants have not fully penetrated the Philippine market yet. However, it looks promising as it marks the small steps of the market to make businesses streamlined and more entrepreneur friendly.

A final interesting piece in this coverage are the smallest booths / stands in the event, which feature a lot of really small start-ups that would like to get into the market.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As I have seen, some of these small players are innovators. Some created new payment methods, all in one payment processors, custom app and web developers, and such. With a number of technologies popping up left and right, these guys find themselves in the middle of the pack, introducing their innovation and their ideas to other entrepreneurs – definitely something to watch out for in the future!
  3. Erik

Erik

Want to see more of the 9th Philippine SME Business Expo & Conference? Check out the photos below!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]