1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

CS-Cart and MySQL Expert Wanted

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by greedyboy, Feb 16, 2012.

1. greedyboy

greedyboy

We are constantly having issues with the stupid cashe that CS-Cart creates which is inflating our DB so the site becomes unusable. Now I can't even login to the admin panel!

Need someone here who knows about these things to manually clear the cashe using MySQL and fix this issue once and for all.

Need a firm response/quote within 24 hours as I am going to look on vworker too.

Email me at

d e a l s (at) a r t h u r d a l e y (dot) uk (dot) com
  2. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Do you have either a cPanel or Plesk hosting account management control panel with access to phpMyAdmin?

If so, its quite easy to clear the cache your self.
  3. greedyboy

greedyboy

I have hosting with 1and1 and have their own admin with access to phpMyAdmin
  4. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Thats good.

CS Cart is known for having easily bloated databases and regular pruning/maintenance is advised to maintain site speed etc.

From what you have said about not being able to log into your admin area, it sounds like your 'sessions' table is too big, possibly broken.

I just did a quick search on the CS Cart Support Forums and found this short thread which looks relevant to your problem: ********************************************************

Post #4 gives you the fix.
  5. greedyboy

greedyboy

Thanks for that! Really helpful.

However I am a bit scared to mess about with the MySQL part :(
  6. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Just download a back up of your database first.

If you encounter any problems after using the Truncate command in phpMyAdmin that was posted in the CS Cart Forum thread, then you can always use that to restore your database if needed.

A more long-winded option (but safer) is to locate the 'cscart_stored_sessions' table within your database using phpMyAdmin and then manually deleting a few thousand fields to free up some memory.
  7. tasha75

tasha75

Have you tried clearing the var/cache AND var/compiled folders? Sorry, can't help you with MySQL as I don't touch that for the same reasons (scared) but clearing both cache and compiled folders usually does the job.
    I terrorised Pete when I couldn't login into my admin (happened a few times in the beggining) but now I've been clearing my cache on a weekly basis and the shop has been running smoothly. Strangely, although I couldn't access the admin, my customers had no issues and were placing orders as usual.
    Good luck
  8. tasha75

tasha75

Do all the fields have to be deleted? I've got over 3000 rows ...
  9. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Not many then lol.

Depends how much disk space you are looking to free up.

There is a quicker way thats on the CS Cart forum thread I posted above. To be on the safe side, you should always make a back up of your database before doing any editing or deleting or better still contact your hosts and see if they will do it for you.
  10. greedyboy

greedyboy

Where do I find the var folders?
  11. greedyboy

greedyboy

Right! I have found the issue. RAN OUT OF HARD DISK SPACE!

Doh!

Some house keeping is in order. Does anyone know if CS Cart creates files on the server (not db)?
  12. greedyboy

greedyboy

Is it just a case of ftp to those directories and delete the contents? Mine must be huge as its taking an age just to bring the directory listing up!!!
  13. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Dean,

Check how your cache system is set up by looking at your config.local.php file.

It will have a line that looks like this:-
    PHP:
    $config['cache_backend'] = 'file';
    or
    PHP:
    $config['cache_backend'] = 'mysql';

Judging by what you have said it sounds like your setting is for 'mysql' which means it is set to cache within your database but if not then there will be cache files you can edit/delete on your server.
  14. greedyboy

greedyboy

$config['cache_backend'] = 'file';

Its saving to file which will explain why my disk space keeps getting munched up!

I have cleared all the logs/stats/google sitemap cache using the admin section.

I can not get in to the VARS/CACHE folder as my ftp keeps timing out. *EDIT* I have now changed the timeout setting. So I will see if I can get in to it............
  15. redspell

redspell Banned Member

lol, sounds promising.

Its much easier and safer editing files than the database.
  16. greedyboy

greedyboy

still cant get in to it :(
  17. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Usually FTP is is better than cPanel file manager for accessing large Directories or Folders but it might be worth a try accessing VARS/CACHE folder with filemanager instead.
  18. tasha75

tasha75

ControlPanel -> File Manager -> Public_html ->VAR
    Open Cache folder, highlight all of the content, click delet. Same with Compiled folder.
    You have to do it every so often, I do weekly but my shop is only about 550 items.
  19. greedyboy

greedyboy

Ive tried both.
  20. tasha75

tasha75

Another thing - I've cleared my statistics yesterday and it released a huge 120MB of space.
    In your shop Admin, go to Administration -> Statistics -> Remove statistics
    (only if you don't need those figures for the number of visitors and robots)