1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Delivery???

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by scisuk, Feb 9, 2004.

1. scisuk

scisuk

Hi everybody,

I have recently sold some alloy wheels on eBay.

I now need to have these delivered to the person.

My questions are:

1) Does anyone know the best company for delivering this kind of thing?
    2) What can I wrap them in as surely these are too big to wrap in paper etc?

Thanks everybody.

All the best,

Simon
    SCIS UK Limited
    http://www.scisuk.com
  2. Redseal

Redseal

Being heavy I'd imagine the Royal Mail 'Standard Parcels' service would be the cheapest option, with extra insurance payed for if needed. It's usually faster than the stated "3-5 days" delivery.

Places such as http://www.postvan.com/ might have something aswell. I think they subcontract to more well known couriers. I've heard the odd story about late deliveries and broken items but the same could be said about any delivery company.
  3. scisuk

scisuk

Hiya,

Thank you for that,

I tried ringing them but the phone just rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and rang .................

Simon
    SCIS UK Limited
    http://www.scisuk.com
  4. Redseal

Redseal

Oh right, sod them then.

www.parcels2go.co.uk seems to have a fairly good reputation, though parcels do have to be 4 cubic feet volume max to get the quoted prices. I dunno if wheels would fit in that size. If you phone them they'll sometimes take larger items with a surcharge..
  5. Martin

Martin

There's a strict weight limit on parcels that carrier driver are permitted to lift. You might have to pack them in two separate boxes. The packing mehod is up to you but, if they are not packed adequately and get damaged in transit, the carrier company will not accept responsibility.

If you use Royal Mail, they'll hand it to Parcel Farce who will take 3 - 15 days to deliver it. If they deliver it. Be sure to ask for "Compensation Fee". For a few pennies extra this gives good insurance.

BTW, thinking about how to pack items after the auction has ended is not good practice. Do that before you begin the auction. You might be horrified by the cost.

In the past I've used Chronopost, City Link, ANC Parcels, Securicor Omega and others. Sometimes the best choice is the one with the nearest depot.

Martin