DELL Laptops

Discussion in 'Computers & Electronics' started by DEI, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhsizemo11

bhsizemo11

Your post is very hard to understand with run-on sentences, but I'll try to respond. I know many other resellers that deal in factory refurbished laptops/desktops from Dell, so saying those products aren't available in the USA isn't correct either (if that's what you're saying). The Dell Outlet can give you great deals, but an inside sales rep is a better bet sometimes as they have larger quantities available not posted on the Outlet site. I never worked with reps on refurbished systems - for various reasons - but I did buy some refurbished units from another reseller.

"Well as You said in US they do it that in Europe they dont because if they would they wouldnt sell remanufactured units that they have to sell. So it works different way" - I have no idea what this is trying to say.

VAT has very little to do with the price - for an apples to apples comparison I always take ex-VAT pricing. We do have state sales tax (0~9%) in the USA (and those of us that resell in the USA are tax exempt) just as you have VAT.

I could post some invoices to show where I did pay almost 50% off list price (this happened rarely, but it did happen and others I know often received 45+% off every 50+ XPS/Precision order), but I wouldn't have the screenshot from Dell's configuration page to go along with it at the time of purchase (sorry...I just didn't have a reason to keep them). And I received this price buying around 20 units (a couple different configurations). Of course I didn't sell them at cost, so just imagine if someone is listing an item at a 30% discount what the original discount was. There are huge profit margins in these $4000 notebooks for the manufacturer, so they can afford to make a few points when selling in volume.

Just search for XPS M1730 on the USA eBay site - you'll notice many sellers offering well over 15% discounts for buyers of one unit (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330312513738 - 24% off, 28% off if you know how to use affiliates and pay with a cashback credit card).

If you talk to any big reseller in the USA dealing with Dell, they will tell you that purchasing in the VAR department will not get you the best price (or they just don't know and accept VAR pricing). This may not apply to Dell in other parts of the world, but it certainly does in the USA. There are several departments your customer account can be placed - VAR has the worst pricing. Those of us that know Dell inside out know which department gets the best pricing along with how to get into those departments and how to avoid being tagged as a reseller. It's quite an art. You also have to remember that reps working in different departments work with different rules, different "price matrices", and different team leaders that have ultimate authority on a bigger discount. Being placed with a cool team is pure luck and out of your hands (unless you know the system very well) as there are many variables. The end of the quarter (Jan, April, July, October) for Dell's reporting to Wall Street usually results in reps giving you deals when they couldn't just a few weeks earlier. All of a sudden, their "cost" of such product changes overnight. We all know better...

If you accept that the max discount is 15% - you'll always be satisfied with that discount. I'm just telling you over here, Dell discounts more than that sometimes on the retail site to the end user. And the discounts to other departments are far greater if you know the system, which took me years to master.
  2. 3tech

3tech Banned Member

hello,

I am very interested in your offer, we have a company in Belgium and we are looking for all kinds of items for sale in belgium

thank you for your reply

please send me a mail a ******************

thank's verry mutch:dance:
  3. DEI

DEI

Well You may be right but the thing is that in Europe they start making a unit after somebody puts an order on the webside or over the phone (as far as i know) means that they dont store the stock in the warehouse and dont build units randomly. What they do is once somebody put an order they start producing the unit if somebody will cancel it goes over dell outlet with lower price(as the unit is already produced so they have to sell it ). Why am i thinking it works different way in US ? As i can see on ebay in US they sell mainly new units in Europe - they do Refurb. even sellers who sold over 20 0000 units they still have on they auction notice that their units may be from dell cancellations etc. Im guessing - if they would get same prices for new units they wouldnt buy Refurb.?
  4. DEI

DEI

Just sent You an email.

Thanx
  5. 3tech

3tech Banned Member

6. DEI

DEI

just sent You another one :) if You didnt get it try to email me and ill mail You back

Thanx
  7. DEI

DEI

the mail is on the 1st page anyway

Mail: **************************
  8. bhsizemo11

bhsizemo11

I know exactly the way Dell works (just in time logistics) in that new machines are built upon order (with the exception of their retail partners - which isn't relevant to this thread). What I and other resellers did was purchase configurations we knew would sell because of configuration and/or price. I know of several companies in the UK that mainly sell brand new items and rarely buy refurbished units, so the discounting above 15% is available outside of the USA. Remember, it's all about what division you're in and your rep/team. When I did buy refurbished units, they were cheaper than buying new; I never said I paid the same as new units. Therefore, buying refurbished units got me over 50% off, considering I could buy new units near 50% off. The problem is I couldn't get 20 units of an XPS M1710 with the same specs if it was refurbished. It was much easier ordering 20 units with the same specs I wanted. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
  9. chronostrading

chronostrading

cheers, can you send me your current offer?
    chronostrading A T yahoo . com
  10. DEI

DEI

Well maybe when You are buying the units that not many people want to buy for exmple they offered me good discount on latitude d630 but this is an old model ,same as M1710there's currently 1730 on the market with way better spec and similar price. So i belive they can offer You good prices on the stock they want to sell mostly.
  11. omnanotech

omnanotech

£1500 for all 10??????
  12. DEI

DEI

hmm there's currently 7 left and that pirce would be good for 2 units:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.