1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

DHL Clearance event - how long?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by bobby8787, Oct 21, 2013.

1. bobby8787

bobby8787

Hey guys,

My DHL delivery is showing as clearance event, it never normally shows this. It's been like this since the 16th. I've called them up and they said they can hold it for up to 30 days. Maybe it's because it's 2 large sized boxes?

How long does this process normally take?

It says
    Clearance processing complete at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK

Then it says ontop:

Clearance event

Thanks in advance.
  2. Dean

Dean

What is in the packages? Its either as simple as they are just calculating customs charges, or at the other end of scale, the contents have raised their suspicions and they are investigating further.
  3. Pete

Pete

Might be more HRMC than DHL.
  4. Jenilee

Jenilee

Hi bobby8787,

We've shared this thread with @dhlexpressuk on Twitter and here is a screenshot of our conversation:

Clearance event.png

Hope this helps.
    bobby8787 likes this.
  5. bobby8787

bobby8787

Wow. That's incredibly kind of you to do that for me, I feel valued as a member. I love you/twf (or whoever sent the tweet), you're awesome!
    Import Expert likes this.
  6. bobby8787

bobby8787

Just an update guys. Got a letter from a "Authorised Blackberry representative. That my goods were seized and will be destroyed as they infringe intellectual property rights lol.

They were BlackBerry housings. The supplier said they were officially sold Blackberry products I guess I shouldn't have taken their word for it. So I'm out 2k. But I did pay by PayPal so could do an INR dispute right?

I don't really want to like affect the seller, he seems like a decent chap. Should I go 50/50 refund with the seller? Who's at fault? What should I do?

For future reference, the conclusion that I've come to, if a parcel ever takes this long, it has been seized.
  7. Pete

Pete

At this point it is entirely up to you. And any agreement you may have had with the supplier. I will often get asked for let's say not quite legitimate goods that may not be out and out fakes, but that may have some trouble crossing borders. I will usually refuse to get in the middle, but on several occasions I have tried to accommodate the customer. But I make it clear from the start that these goods are questionable and I will not be responsible if they should get seized along the way.

If you were told outright that there was no problem with these entering the country, I would not settle for half. The guy took your money and you got nothing. And he cannot prove completion of delivery, so just going through paypal should result in a complete refund.
  8. Gary

Gary

As above, if you genuinely did not know them to be dodgy and have evidence of the supplier advertising them as genuine / official then I would take this up with PayPal providing evidence of this and the seizure notice proving they aren't if/when asked
  9. Gary Ashe

Gary Ashe

yep a freeroll by the looks of it, can anyone who uses paypal, that receives fakes, claim a refund, even single item buyers.
  10. bobby8787

bobby8787

Thanks guys!

The supplier and I didn't have any discussion whether to who would have to pay if goods get seized. He said there would be no problem whatsoever and that he sends these same goods internationally on a daily basis.

I didn't know that there was even a chance of seizure as the supplier sold them as "Genuine" and claimed to be an "Official reseller". I like to have a certain standard when selling products and wouldn't dream of sending customers fakes, I wouldn't sell anything I personally wouldn't be happy with.

I'm going to feel quite bad knowing that the seller is going to be losing out tbh.
  11. Dean

Dean

Where were the goods coming from?
  12. Gary

Gary

They may be asked to prove they are fakes but there have been cases where PayPal have refunded without evidence in the past, but when you have aseizure notice from the brand owner it's obviously pretty black and white.

I wasn't insinuating anything I was backing what Pete had said, I can understand your feeling of guilt regarding the seller losing out to a degree, however it's them that have misrepresented themselves as an official reseller and them who have misold items to you claiming them to be genuine, so really it's their own fault, why should you feel guilty when on other orders their rubbing their hands together from pulling the wool over peoples eyes when their stuff goes through?
  13. Pete

Pete

First of all. as far as PayPal is concerned, he cannot prove delivery of the order. Simple as. Nothing else matters.

Did you expect him to say he was selling dodgy goods and there was a chance they might actually arrive? Would that have encouraged you to send him money?

From the gypster on the corner to the international swindler, how many seem insincere? Of course he came across as a good fellow, would you have purchased otherwise?
  14. bobby8787

bobby8787

@lovinit From Shenzhen, China.

I guess you guys are right. I should get a full refund. Now let's see how the supplier responds, no reply yet due to the time zone difference. I should expect a reply in the morning.
  15. Dean

Dean

That alone was the red flashing light warning you not to buy them. You can't buy branded goods like Blackberry direct from China.
  16. bobby8787

bobby8787

I wouldn't know anything about that to be honest. When Apple sell iPhones in China, they ship them out first and then ship them back in to sell in China. So I don't personally think that's enough of a red light.

I have an update guys. I asked for seller for a 50% refund, he said no and that it's my responsibility. I opened up an INR dispute on PP now. He then said that if he submits tracking/information number to PayPal it will freeze both of our accounts? Is this true?
  17. Gary

Gary

Many honest chinese people will tell you that Apple iPhones are more expensive in mainland china than they are over here and in the US, in fact there are people who make a very good living importing them back into china as apple have no authorised distributors there, the same can be said for many brands.

If he told you they were official then no, it's not your responsibility, it's theirs, the only part of your accounts that it may (and probably would) freeze would be the money for the transaction which you no longer have anyway, so it would probably be frozen in his until PayPal reach a decision on the dispute after it has been raised to a claim, I cannot see any other reason whay PayPal would freeze your account in any other way so this just looks like a scare tactic to make you close the dispute in other words it looks like they're trying to bully you, and do you still feel guilty about taking their money when they will happily take and try their best to make sure that you lose yours? (although I would have still gone for 100%).
    Icclebits likes this.
  18. Dean

Dean

Spend some time reading through posts on this forum as it may save you from a similar mistake in the future. It must be posted on here several times a week that 'you can't legally purchase big brand name goods directly from China'.
  19. bobby8787

bobby8787

Thanks for that Gary. You're right, they're bullies. Nope I don't feel guilty anymore.

I'd love to see that legislation/act.
  20. Dean

Dean

Its not a specific legislation or an act. Its about copyright and trademarks owned by the big brands (and some small brands!). Brands control their own distribution channels very tightly. They don't allow any old Chinese seller to distribute their branded goods. Anything that is branded that is coming out of China is either fake or its the unauthorised sale of overruns. Either way, they are illegal goods as you have found out for yourself. Blackberry have exercised their right as copyright/trademark owners to have your goods seized and destroyed. The same will happen to any branded goods you try to import from China that are inspected at the border.

The only legitimate branded goods coming out of China and available to you and me, are if they are more expensive than you can buy them here, as Gary mentioned above. But then why would anyone outside of China buy them then?!
    bobby8787 likes this.