1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

DHL - Shipment information received

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by wakinglife, Nov 24, 2010.

1. wakinglife

wakinglife Banned Member

I made an order from China a few days ago with postage by DHL. For the last couple of days the tracking number has just shown 'shipment information received' . I'm wondering is it possible that the item hasn't been sent yet? I asked the supplier about it and he said that DHL haven't updated their website, which to be honest I don't believe.
  2. mdsltd

mdsltd

Shipment information received means the seller has sent a request to the courier to arrange collection, the parcel has not yet been collected or received by DHL.
  3. wakinglife

wakinglife Banned Member

Had a feeling that might be the case. Has anyone else noticed any delays on DHLs website with shipping information? I don't wanna accuse my supplier of anything unless I'm certain
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

It is REAL TIME, meaning the moment or a few minutes after pick up it will be updated on the website.
  5. gzbpro

gzbpro

I WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPLETE STORY

since I have dealt with this problem many times.

The shipper goes through different agents for a particular shipping company. For example: I'm currently using a shipper. And they work with different shipping companies. And within one shipping company, there are many agents.

There are many price differences and services among the agents. And there are two that I would like to bring to your attention.

1. Standard
    2. Queue

Both have different requirements and service. The STANDARD, cost a tiny bit higher, my experience would be an average of $20. $20 is a lot in China. The QUEUE, you get to save $20, or at least the shipper does.

Both usually arrives at the same time. But if it is during a busy season, shipments might get delayed to an average of 2 weeks. So even though the shipment information is received, it is waiting on a QUEUE to get on a plane to your country.

Further example: (and this is due to me being misinformed about the shipping method they used) 5 shipments within one week of time

Nov 14th - Shipment received and signed for
    Nov 16th - Shipment on plane in HK (2 days ago it was still Shipment info received)
    Nov 18th - Shipment information not listed on DHL.com
    Nov 19th - Shipment received and signed for
    Nov 21th - Shipment received and signed for

Today is Nov 25th. Why are my 16th and 18th shipment not there yet? And what did my shippers tell me?

S: DHL has been overwhelmed lately. A lot shipments going out.
    Me: But why did my 19th and 21st shipments got there sooner if they were all in a QUEUE?
    S: (the different agent story)
    Me: Never use the cheap method again!
  6. benreado

benreado

Chances are your parcel's on a truck going between China (Shenzhen I'm guessing) and Hong Kong. This is very common practice in China. The freight is much cheaper from Hong Kong International Airport to East Midlands Airport (via Germany) than it is from Shenzhen airport. So your supplier has probably provided DHL with the shipping details and payed an agent to transport your package to DHL in HK. The tracking will only show up when the parcel reaches DHL,
  7. wakinglife

wakinglife Banned Member

Thanks for the replies. I knew something dodgy was going on. The reason I paid for DHL was because I needed them before the end of the week. Might as well have just got free shipping with EMS:@
  8. bern73

bern73 Banned Member

tough luck, then.
    EMS would have been faster in this case, and free :thumbdown:

you should complain about this to your supplier and perhaps ask for some kind of refund :\
  9. wakinglife

wakinglife Banned Member

It's saying 'shipment picked up' now (after 5 days) hopefully it'll arrive soon.
  10. msevenoak

msevenoak

Hi, my experience is that it has nothing to do with DHL at all. Some sellers give your orders to a postal service agent who claims to be DHL. The agent is then supposed to transport without delay your orders to Hong Kong where there maybe another postal agent who very often wait for a convenient time to hand in the parcel to HK DHL office - probably this is because it is only their sideline job.The clever thing that postal agents often do at the very beginning is sending an email message to inform HK DHL saying that they have a parcel to be handed in. Doidng so they will automatically get a HK DHL tracking number showing on the tacking website that "shippment information recieved". This means nothing unles the parcel has been handed in and "shippment picked up or arrived at HK DHL facilities" message appears on the tracking website. ("Shippment picked up or arrived at HK DHL facilities" means the parcel has been handed in to DHL.) Your luck depends solely on the quality of postal agents, some of them treat an "Express" post as an EXPRESS one and take the parcel to HK DHL without delay and you can immediately see a renewed DHL online tracking message saying, "shippment picked up or arrvied. If you are unlucky and your seller uses a cheap, slow , unreliable and doddgy postal agent, they will take several hours or even 2-3 days to actually hand your order in to HK DHL. The trick here is that they can always give you a tracking number while the parcel is not on its way to HK DHL at all. What you see on DHL tracking information is always a "shippment information received" (without the shippment itself being recieved by HK DHL). When you chase sellers up, Ttere are many lies they can tell you inclduing "DHL is too busy to load your order to an airplane", "shipment van has been stopped and held by HK custom office for 2 days", "DHL has experienced some problem with new recruits", DHL bla bla bla ... while actually the delay has nothing to do with DHL at all. If you see "shippment information received" sticking there for days without any new movement, it means the delay is caused by the sellers' postal agents who may have to wait until they have enough orders to ship them together to HK, or their sub agents in HK do this as a sideline job and hand your parcel in only when they have spare time, or they just cross into HK once a week while telling you they do it every day, or the are trying to find a cheaper way to do it. Hope my experience helps you undestand why some "shippemnt information received" is on the DHL tracking website for several days without new movement (because the shippment has not actually been handed in to HK DHL facilities). Of course, doggy postal agent won't like me sharing this information with everyone, they always make up lies blaming DHL while it is themselves who cause the delay by not handing in the parcel to HK DHL facilities ontime.
    FransuaOlonzao likes this.
  11. FransuaOlonzao

FransuaOlonzao

I
    I wish I could buy a packet of cigarette for this wonderful explanation. I'm experiencing the same situation and I was wondering why?? and before I could throw the blame to the supplier, I wanted to be sure. Thank you.
  12. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

I use DHL a lot from China and also had confusing tracking events as after pickup it was showing a couple of days later here in the uk then next day in Germany then back in uk then back in china then here again then finally to my door.
    The timescale eventually was still ok but after speaking to DHL they told me that sometimes they scan during flight (strange but true) and in my case they hit a tech fault that made it seem to be flying backwards and forwards.
    In my case it was nothing to worry about as it still got here in the expected time but what a confusion at the time.

But overall I do find DHL international quite good and reliable.

As for shipping info received then as someone else said above that just means that DHL do not have the parcel yet and it will update when they do and scan, unless another tech error but DHL are easy to get hold of and speak too in my experience.
  13. tyranical

tyranical

DHL are the best shipping company in my experience.

EMS can be so slow, FEDEX overcharge on fees all the time (Their £15 "Admin charge" is a complete joke) but DHL in general are quick and you can pay your fees online for no additional cost whilst the parcel is on the way to you.
    Warrior Hunters and Erik like this.
  14. stefi

stefi

might be because DHL frigen suck, always had bed experience with those monkeys, i am waiting still although mine has only said shipping info recieved for a week and yet they dont even deliver here, they dump it with the local post office for me to pick up 12 miles away