1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Do not use Hetai Shenzhen Hetai Electronic Product Factory

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by DanRuss, Jan 13, 2014.

1. DanRuss

DanRuss

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS SELLER , THEY ARE ON ALIBABA
    They sell upgraded 8gb as 16gb and then will not replace or take a return , I dont want anyone else to get burned by these con men

Upon asking for a return the answer was "sorry friend one price one product , you did not pay us enough for real16gb "

Can I just add I was not told about this until I had complaints from my customers and also there price was $5.90 per USB so should really conform to 16gb

There rep is Sara - do not make the mistake of trusting them

Shenzhen Hetai Electronic Product Factory
    http://hetaisz.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html#top-nav-bar

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  2. Import Expert

Import Expert

How did you make payment?
  3. DanRuss

DanRuss

Hi via TT , why
  4. rao

rao Banned Member

Hi DanRuss,
    I understand you, I can tell you why you got scammed.

1, Actually you did not get scammed at all. It is true there are two kinds of memory card or flash memory. Take the micro SD card for an example, because we export such cards and have different clients too. One kind of such card is of full capacity, an 8GB card contains almost 8GB space. Another kind is called upgraded card, an 8GB card may contain 128MB or 256MB space but will show as 8GB card when you test it, and you can also save almost 8GB files in this card too, but as you can understand only 128MB or more can really be saved in such upgraded card.

2, Why are there two kinds, full capacity and upgraded? It was not the Chinese factories who first thought of such idea, it was the different clients worldwide. Because the price of full capacity card is high which is reasonably, but there are many clients always want lower and lower price and they finally ask for upgraded card even though they know the truth.

3, Please don't ask always the lowest prices, there is only the lower price for the good quality products, no matter from China or any other places.

4, There are lots of factories who make the same product, the quality and the price are different a lot, please don't try the lowest price product. Please don't say the product from China is cheap but the quality too bad. There are lots of factories who make the good and high quality products for you, so choose these factories. Please pay a little more for good products from China. Please help us remove the low quality products from China, thanks. We do business seriously.
  5. DanRuss

DanRuss

Not sure what this is about

If you are a rep from hetai or somthing

I was sold fake 16gb USB sticks which were also unformatted , if you think that's acceptable then that's fine go ahead and tell all your customers that BEFORE the sale and see how many sales you get

Pathetic rip off merchants !

To he honest I couldn't care less what you say or how you try to worm your way out of selling fake goods

I'm sure I wouldn't bother to of written this thread If I was a happy customer
    Dean likes this.
  6. Pete

Pete

Not upgraded card, but fake card. Call it anything you want it is cheating the buyer and until Chinese factories refuse to make such products they will continue to earn the scorn of the rest of the world. Even if asked by someone from outside China to make such cheat products, they could refuse and there would be no such problem.
  7. DanRuss

DanRuss

Thanks Pete , I can't Believe The cheek of this loser ,

What an insult !

I do buy real 16gb from a nice genuine factory now
  8. rao

rao Banned Member

Dear DanRuss, glad you read my reply. I'm not from that company, I know your situation because some of my clients asked me for that cards too, they knew what they want is upgraded or fake one, but they wanted them, usually when a client asks for that, the factory will tell him the truth and let him to choose. I always tell them those cards are fake and say no to them. It's bad to do such business.

I understand you, because we source the products for clients like you, therefore we are buyers too. Actually low price products get little profit, and clients might not come back, we are not interested in such business. To find a new client is harder than to build a good and long term business relationship with the old clients, so what will us do? To make fake?

It's good you find the nice genuine factory, forget that and have a nice day.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  9. Pete

Pete

Well, you are contributing to the same problem you want to clean up. You can always do as we do, when asked to source fakes, and just say NO, we do not deal with fakes.

How can you blame others when you yourself are part of the problem, not part of the solution?
    Import Expert likes this.
  10. Dean

Dean

The user rao has been banned from the forum for repeated advertising attempts and soliciting for business. This is despite prior warnings. Some people just don't seem to get the message!
  11. Pete

Pete

I must say, I was wondering what took so long. :)
  12. Dean

Dean

The 'ban-hammer' has been busy lately trying to stem the flow of non-advertisers repeat advertising and fake users with proxy IPs!
  13. DanRuss

DanRuss

14. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Banned Member

I made the experience that all sticks from dhgate and alibaba are like these. But if you ask the seller, everybody was honest and told me that they are not full sized. After asking why they offer it then as such, because it is fake/illegal/scam, they simply told me that dhgate or alibaba, wont allow "upgrade" cards or "fake" cards, so they avoid problems with them with making wrong descriptions.
    Sounds pretty paradox and yea it is. I guess both know the fact but love the margin
  15. Splash104

Splash104

Hello Dan,

I read that you have finally found a genuine supplier for electronics. Can you please let me know too who they are? I have recently started an ad agency in Riyadh Saudi Arabia and also looking for potential Chinese suppliers to fulfill my advertisement requirements (Promotional giveaways). I would appreciate if you could hook me up to few "LEGIT" Chinese companies for electronics (e.g. USB, power bank etc.).

Thanks!
  16. Pete

Pete

17. bobogosing

bobogosing

Hi Pete!
    Just checked your website. I am interested in buying wholesale job lots but need to start of small 1st.
    Can you tell me what is the tax charges from US to UK please?
    I normally sell clothes, but want to expand my online business by offering more choices for my buyers.

Thank you in advance.

bobo
  18. Pete

Pete

The only tax involved is the VAT to HRMC upon entry to the UK for most goods. Some may also have duty, but I have never sold anything that did.
  19. bobogosing

bobogosing

Thank you for your quick reply.

So, say I order a job lot from you, depending what I buy, I will need to pay VAT upon entry to UK? (sorry for all these questions, just need to be sure what I am paying out) Thanks again!
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  20. Pete

Pete

Yes, you will pay 20% of the declared value, plus a small fee (about a fiver) to DHL for doing the processing. You don't have to do any paperwork, they handle it all, just pay them when they deliver or you pick up.