1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Do you allow suppliers to like/follow your social media?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Adamwells, May 17, 2017.

1. Adamwells

Adamwells

Just got me thinking, do you allow your suppliers to like your Facebook page and or follow you on twitter? Anything wrong with that?
  2. Wholesale Sportswear

Wholesale Sportswear

Hi Adam,

I can't see anything wrong with that at all :)
  3. SimonN

SimonN

Unless a competitor is interested in finding out who your suppliers are?
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.
  4. themrgarycole

themrgarycole

I'm okay with my suppliers following me or my store through social media. The only thing I can think of is if you'd prefer to keep your suppliers unaware of what and how you run your business. (like pricing and how constant you get online orders.)
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.
  5. SophieHendrix

SophieHendrix

I don't let my suppliers follow me through social media to avoid my competitors getting a hold of them, also my suppliers won't know how much I sell my product to avoid them from raising prices too much.
  6. Mike Cartwright

Mike Cartwright

I personally don't let my suppliers follow my business social media accounts. It's a way for me to keep my pricing low since my suppliers won't know how much I sell my items. It's also a way for me to keep my buyers from directly buying from my suppliers.
  7. jewelry4sell

jewelry4sell

We never follow our customers on their social media. We also do not like our supplier to follow us.
  8. catpullover

catpullover

No...I would say no. They will know how we price their products and sell to our customers, they will get demanding and want to increase the price. The suppliers can also sell directly to your customers once they got contact. I'd like to keep my shop anonymous with suppliers.