1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Do you sell two versions of one product?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by Adamwells, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Adamwells

Adamwells

Its got me thinking recently, do you offer the one version of a product or a basic and a premium version? Applicable to a physical product and not digital.
  2. sharon jones

sharon jones

I have experience only with digital products, but It's happening in many physical products, especially in electronics products category, tools, electrical equipment, automobiles and much more.
  3. Mike Cartwright

Mike Cartwright

Hey, Adamwells! It depends on the product that you are selling. Not just for products but I also see it on services. I usually see electronics offering this.
  4. Tinkuy

Tinkuy

I sell premium only without "cheaper" versions. I admit sales come in by drops, but on the bright side it is less work and the profit margin is higher.
  5. catpullover

catpullover

Is there any difference between the two? the premium has high quality or what? I mean if they're same version, everything is the same, why would people choose the higher price?
  6. Tinkuy

Tinkuy

Yes, the premium has higher quality; and no, they are not the same.

Yes, they buy it for the same reasons they choose a Ferrari over a Fiat for a car.