Does SEO Really work?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by sskimins, Sep 20, 2014.

1. sskimins

sskimins

Hi All
    People told me SEO is the cheapest way to make sales online. However, I used SEO on Google, eBay and my Website. but I still no sales. I lost confidence for selling online. Can anyone advise me if SEO really works for e-commerce?

Many thanks in advance
    Alastair Brian likes this.
  2. Gary

Gary

Yes it does but there is SEO and then there is SEO, how it is done can make a massive difference and done properly it is an ongoing job taking a fair amount of time, even done properly it takes time to see results (how long depends largely on competition).

So by saying you have "used SEO" what is it that you have done? This way others may be able to better advise.
  3. sskimins

sskimins

I use Google Keywords Planner, select keywords, I have tried to use blog to make sales, and I did everything I can, but nothing happened. No traffic on my website. Can you have a look my website: https://echolivin.com If you can give advise that will be great!
  4. Dean

Dean

I get a security warning when I try to visit your site. Safari says it can't verify the identity. If everyone is seeing that it's no wonder you have no traffic.
  5. dunotra

dunotra

It's Ok with AVG no security warning.
  6. Gary

Gary

I get a warning on chrome browser for android too (not tried anything else yet).

@sskimins do you use a shared SSL? If not then I would advise contacting your SSL provider / host to ensure it is installed & signed correctly as this warning will cost you visitors.
  7. sskimins

sskimins

Yes. Gary,
  8. sskimins

sskimins

Hi Dean,
    Do you think I can't get traffic is because this reason?
  9. sskimins

sskimins

10. Jed

Jed

I can't see the blog anywhere on your website? How long did you have it going for?
    Also I can't seem to find a company address anywhere on the website.
  11. sskimins

sskimins

Sorry, I'm woking from home, I don't want to tell my address. I have give contact detail including telephone
  12. Dean

Dean

I didn't go to the site because of the warning so I'm sure others will do the same.
  13. Virtual Phone Numbers

Virtual Phone Numbers

If there is a security warning, the search engines may be blocking it as well, and not displaying it as prominently as they may otherwise.
  14. Jed

Jed

Well it's a legal requirement to display a business address
  15. psxgamer

psxgamer

No security warning here (IE10) but thee siite loaded really slow for me. And as above no address (VAT number if applicable) which really puts me off.

I think you don't exactly know what SEO means. SEO is a means to obtain a good position in google. But it's not because you attract traffic that you will make sales. Selling online is all about trust. Building that trust is a combination of several factors. A security warning when opening the site or a lack of contact data are one of the things that will undermine the trustworthy of your site.
  16. sskimins

sskimins

Thank you very much for everybody's advice.
  17. Neeraj Kumar

Neeraj Kumar

I see your site echolivin. its so beautiful and nice site for seo but slider image quietly is low but site layout is so good.

[mod edit - advertising without membership]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  18. Project Octo

Project Octo

Yes. SEO works.
  19. NPNG

NPNG

Maybe it's my computer but the quality of the pictures in the banner ( slider image) is not so good, a bit pixelized. Everything else is fine though !