Dropshippers - How do you price your products?

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by Robert Tomlinson, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Robert Tomlinson

Robert Tomlinson

I've recently graduated from Oxford with a degree in (mainly) economics, where I spent a fair bit of time studying pricing. For a number of reasons I'd be happy to discuss, I think dropshipping is an perfect industry for doing some really smart stuff with prices, to maximise profits, traction etc. I was wondering how you guys do it then - do you base it on your supply costs? Is it trial and error? Market experience? Basically it would be really interesting for me to get to know some of the rules and techniques you guys use to price - and see how this fits with how economists like to look at the world (or pretend the world looks!). Any updated would be really interesting for me!

Thanks

Rob
    Cody likes this.
  2. MarK@PearsoN

MarK@PearsoN

Hi Robert,
    Welcome to TWF.
  3. Cody

Cody

I's always suggest firstly to get an idea of the prices currently in the market, and what your competitors are pricing theirs at. Many could base it on supply costs, for example if they manage to find a supplier that is much cheaper for them then they could perhaps price it lower than competitors and generate more sales (thus making more money) because of the the price change.
    SamTheRetailer likes this.
  4. Andrew Ness

Andrew Ness

The cost can vary depending on the quantity, product type, shipping location and other related factors.