1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

eBay Accounting for Newbies - an example spreadsheet for you to download

Discussion in 'Money, Accounts & Finance' started by ladyvgw, Nov 24, 2010.

1. albert p

albert p

thanks a lot,vicky

have downloaded it and am truly greatfull.
    thanks to people like you,a lot of time and effort has been saved.
    you are an angel!
    ladyvgw likes this.
  2. albert p

albert p

3. laprepair

laprepair

Brilliant. Thanks for the template Vicki
  4. ukcheapsale

ukcheapsale

Wow just looked at this, will come in very handy thanyou very much Vicky!

Calum
  5. Jinkz90

Jinkz90

Someone raised a point earlier on about adding thier actuly packaging costs, im yet to start trading but when you buy the envelopes in bulk can you not just add an expense of say £30 if thats what they cost, and again another thing, can you write in listing fee's under you expenses also ?
  6. peno1

peno1

hi,have just started my business and am not selling anything so not really sure if your template would help me.what i am doing is hiring costume mascots out.are there any very basic progs i could use or would it be better just to write down in a book for me.basically all i can think of what would go in would be costume costs for me and charge for my customers.i am also offering a del service with a cost.should i put this in too whenever i do a delivery?

thanks for any replies
  7. Bargaintastic

Bargaintastic

Hi

This is great just what I wanted. Did a book keeping course donkeys years ago but could not remember what I was missing out.

I do have a few questions....

1. On the expenditure page, under purchases, do I put the complete total from a wholesaler or just the price without vat & delivery.

2. Under the individual items say stationery, again, do I put the whole total including postage?

3. If the above doesn't include the vat, should I include a VAT column?

Sorry for all the questions but I am relatively new to all this and want to get it right from the start.

8. TyTran

TyTran

Thanks Vicky. Quick and simple way to keep track.
  9. trinity_st

trinity_st

Blue - the download link has gone. Is it possible to report? thanks in advance
  10. .com

.com

Hey all just had a quick question about this sheet I have just started using it to keep a record of my transactions.

Do you need to record when you withdraw funds from your paypal account to your bank account, or would you just record some thing when you take money from your bank account?
  11. LiaS

LiaS

Thank you so much, this is so helpful
  12. goodie1001

goodie1001

Thank you for sharing this useful stuff :)
  13. Mokoo

Mokoo

Thank you for taking time to make and share with us.
  14. Lynney

Lynney

Just stumbled across this and looks great. I have a question about eBay fees. Should direct fees i.e. final value be shown on the income sheet against item sold ? Could you treat insertion fees as an overhead of running the business on the expenditure sheet? Many thanks
  15. Derek Spencer

Derek Spencer

Many thanks Vicky
    Like many others I struggled to cope with accounts. I tried to start up last year but tried to run before I could crawl. So this my second attempt. will spend the next couple of months on research. Wish me luck.
    Dek
  16. dcampbell

dcampbell

This is great and user friendly. A thousand thanks to you Vicky. This is by far the most accurate post online for combining UK bookkeeping and ebay and you made it look so easy. :):).
  17. Jonathan Hall

Jonathan Hall

HI Vicky, I don't know if you are still accepting posts to this thread, but I am doing some accounting & book keeping work for a client who is starting up as an ebay trader, and I notice that you are an accountant, so you might be able to help me on this one.

In the 'cost of sales' part of the profit & loss account, do I calculate all costs of making the sale eg original stock purchase costs, inward carriage costs, postage and packaging, ebay fees, paypal fees. And then under administrative expenses (to calculate net profit), do I include packaging costs eg labels, parcel paper, motoring expenses (mileage to the post office etc), stationery, cost of home broadband etc?

Also I have a query about VAT. I've been in touch with HMRC VAT helpline on this issue, they suggest VAT on purchases to include original purchase costs, ebay fees, paypal fees, and VAT on sales to be the final selling price ie with ebay and paypal fees extracted. I get the impression this is a new area for them, and that they haven't thought too much about these things yet, but what do you think?
  18. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Another question I missed :( You havent been around since Feb but on the off chance you do see this and you still need advice then send me a PM and I will be happy to help.
  19. Simon Waring

Simon Waring

Could I have your direct email ladyvgw. DO you do ebay accounting?

Regards
    Simon.
  20. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Email sent :)