1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

News eBay - The Battle of The Clones

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by Cody, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Cody

Cody

We regularly scour Facebook groups and pages to get the latest insight of what's happening on the eBay and Amazon world, and today we've found a good discussion for today.

On one Facebook group a member has reported '11 people within the last week for stealing images' and this doesn't stop there as this particular members titles and product descriptions have been copied, 'word for word,' with some products 75% cheaper than his. This clearly shows the need for eBay to crack down on fake and stolen listings such as this.

The awful thing about this, apart from stealing from another seller, is those stealing images and descriptions without an EAN still ended up getting these top sellers star reviews. Meaning, even with zero sales and no EAN they can still get your star reviews.

In terms of stopping people stealing your images, the simple solution was to watermark them, but of course, eBay have stopped that. As for your description - what do you guys recommend?
    Import Expert likes this.
  2. Jed

Jed

eBay have a form you can fill out to report copied descriptions, from past experience though I think it mostly goes ignored unless you have a direct account manager who can be incredibly useful and can get these types of things sorted within 24 hours.

In regards to images there is absolutely nothing you can do very soon with their new non watermarked image policy.
  3. Icclebits

Icclebits

I had someone copy my listing, Using my template ect!

Reported to ebay and they did nothing, Luckily they did not stay around too long. I suspect many of us have had our images ect stolen, I found a few people using mine with reverse image search years back but cannot be bothered with it anymore.
  4. Dave

Dave

All of our products are owned by us.
    I did a test buy from one of the cloned listings, the seller bought the item from Amazon and our FBA stock and shipped it to me.
    They are welcome to keep doing this as we get the sale every time.
    It wouldn`t be good if they started undercutting us but we would still get our FBA price. For us it works out okay.
  5. Icclebits

Icclebits

Dropshipping this way seems to really annoy a lot of buyers, Hence why I have never done it!
  6. Dave

Dave

I agree but there is nothing I can do to stop it, ebay don`t care.
  7. 1320star

1320star

I recently got 2 items removed, 1 that copied my picture, and 1 that copied my wording, send report direct to Vero, fill in the form and sign it...job done.
    Dave likes this.
  8. Icclebits

Icclebits

Well to be fair it's win win for you really! Not like you are upsetting anyone :like:
  9. 1320star

1320star

I just got another item removed within 24hrs, same person who I got removed before for copying my wording, this time they were stupid enough to use my photo. Ebay do care and will remove items if you have a case and go through the proper channels.