1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

eBay/webstore design needed

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by burger, Jun 28, 2012.

1. burger

burger

Hi saw a thread a while ago(cant find it, tried searching)
    I need a webstore/ebay listing template doing, I think it was for £100 or so but cannot find the person advertising it, it may have been a limited offer.
    I use zen cart so on that platform would be ideal
    Hope someone can help.
    Already have domain/hosting just need the website/ebay bit.

cheers
  2. Ross

Ross

3. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

4. eAuction

eAuction

... you get what you pay for.
  5. shopafrolix

exactly. £150 for website, ebay store and ebay listing
  6. eAuction

eAuction

All of which are low quality, I'm not going to bang on about it but read a few threads. Numerous problems.
  7. shopafrolix

where's the 'low quality' in mine?. I posted this design in a thread and only received positive comments. None from you at that time though
  8. eAuction

eAuction

Design isn't the only thing in web design. The logo is ok, the rest isn't very good, not been thought about at all from a usability and accessibility perspective. Looks like it was coded by someone that learn't html a week ago...
  9. shopafrolix

ha ! the logo is mine and the only thing not re-designed. Are you saying you'd expect and can get more for £150 ? I know there's better - but they can also cost thousands
  10. eAuction

eAuction

I don't know if I'd expect more for £150 but I would never pay £150 for a website. A grand would get something half decent. A decently coded/designed site will pay for itself very quickly if marketed correctly.
  11. shopafrolix

can you point me in the direction of one of your websites you've paid over £1k for so that I can compare the difference, and understand what you mean ?
  12. eAuction

eAuction

I'm a a full time web developer myself, so of course I wouldn't be paying for a website. Take a look at dascs/ebeezy - theyre around a grand.
  13. Hugo

Hugo

I can see where @eauction is coming from, and totally agree that are much more aspects to a website than just the design. I myself have been learniong web development and there are some website which are just amazing. Cost from 3k to 12k

However I think for £150, this is good. Some people can not afford to pay that and might just want a small web site to test the waters, especially if they are entering a new market.

For me it's about automating as much of the sales and customer contact forms as I can, and always go with hosted systems as they can be updated without breaking the design.

Zen cart and Cube cart are good carts for a new start up website, and for £150 the design is good yes (dont know about the build), as you business grows then you might need something better and at that time I would recommend paying good money otherwise you will keep paying bits here and there and end up costing more.
  14. R.Mankelow

R.Mankelow

15. shopafrolix

I agree totally, you can't be expected to spend thousands on a website promoting a new product until you know that it'll sell. If it does well, then, as stated, you can then re-invest in a better, custom designed website, made to your specific requirements. I have a site on its third re-design, as the business grows, but it can still only justify a £200-£500 budget. The first website was like a home-made one, but as soon as I could see the potential, I upgraded it.

Burger, if you're happy with how my site looks ( and take a look at *************************** too) and have a limited budget - then I'd say Go For It !
  16. eAuction

eAuction

I think sometimes you need a good website to give a business a chance of doing well.
    Dascs likes this.
  17. deboy

deboy

Hi Joe,

I didnt know you were a web developer. Have you got a portfolio of any of your work.

I got some great feedback from you on my site and am looking at maybe changing things.

Can you help
  18. eAuction

eAuction

I'll drop you a PM.
  19. burger

burger

The site in your sig take approx 40 seconds to load on IE, firefox and chrome(tried on different machines)
    Each link is the same, ages to load.

Just letting you know in case you were unaware
  20. eAuction

eAuction

Pretty irrelevant to the thread and yes I am aware. Its a beta and were ironing thongs out with the host, as said in the thread about the website.