1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

eBay/webstore design needed

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by burger, Jun 28, 2012.

1. burger

burger

Bullxxxt

I have £1000 i could spend on a website but dont want to or need to I have built up a client base without a website and wanted to offer an alternative to ebay to give them a better deal and me less fees, but my own design is poor and being colour blind does not help as my design might look ok to me but to everyone else awful.

I have been using a basic template for almost a year now and guiding my ebay customers to that via my own advertising with pretty good success but now want a matching ebay/webstore design so they know we are one and the same, so to me £1000+ would give me that but so would £100.

So if I could make a site for £100 but charged £1000 would that make it better = no
  2. psxgamer

psxgamer

Burger I think you misunderstood me. I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I have my Ebayshop and launched my own website half a year ago. I went for Open Cart because it's easy and cheap. I didn't directly wanted to invest in a £ 1000 website although I can afford it. Although some of the things mentionned in this threat the site is doing more than ok.

I've seen topics from people looking for a free OC template because they couldn't afford a paying one. After putting a + comment on an extention I bought somebody contacted me to ask if he could have it. Obviously I refused.

That's my point. If you're launching your own site and you don't even have the cash to buy a $ 35 template, what the hell are you doing?

If you're selling since a couple of years and then the cash for a more expensive webdesign is a problem, than there's something major wrong with that business.

I don't say you have to make that investment, but a healty business should be able to do it without a problem. Whether to use a free shopping cart or a custom made design is something that everybody has to choose for himself. You know your own business, you know exactly what you need. So the decision is yours.
  3. laprepair

laprepair

But the site is not for web professionals its a site selling pants so unless you want to buy pants then you wouldn't be using it. :D
  4. eAuction

eAuction

If the other people say they like it, it doesn't mean they are also in the target market.