1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

EMS and Parcelforce - Awaiting Customs clearance status

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by MultiStack, Aug 7, 2012.

After your goods land in the UK how many days do you usually have to wait until they are delivered?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2012.
  1. 1 - 4 Days

37.5%
  2. 5 - 7 Days

37.5%
  3. 7 - 10 Days

12.5%
  4. 10 - 14 Days

12.5%
  5. 14 Days +

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MultiStack

MultiStack

Hello,

I order goods from Hong Kong / China which are mainly flashlight, batteries and battery chargers, they usually come via DHL and have never had any problems, pay customs fees etc and all is well. I have also in the past used EMS for the same goods and also had no problems.

I currently have an order due which has been sent with EMS but appears to be delayed at customs and wondered if there is a need to contact them or just wait as I have never had such a delay?

The contents of the package are batteries a single battery charger and also some little tubs of silicone grease to waterproof flashlights/cameras etc for use in the water (e.g. diving).

I have imported these before using EMS and even had packages opened and check with no problems so am wondering if Customs is just kicking their heels or if there is actually a problem and reason for concern.

The status on the Parcelforce website is as follows:

01-08-2012 12:18 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
    01-08-2012 12:15 International Hub Received and processed
    29-07-2012 16:48 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
    29-07-2012 16:47 International Hub Received in destination country
    26-07-2012 21:41 Delivery Agent - EMSEVT SHENZHEN EMS Forwarded for export
    26-07-2012 19:21 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

As it has now been a week since the last update do you think there is a need to contact them or are they just a little slow at the moment? any one else having the same problem?

Many thanks
  2. Maria-Magdalena

Maria-Magdalena

Hi there,

have same problem with EMS parcel (around 2kg) and from 30/7 still waiting for updates. Have called parcelforce but they were unabe to help. Was told to call Customs but dont want to do that ;) Will wait another week or two and if parcel won't be delivered , open a claim via PayPal.

30-07-2012 12:17 International Hub Received and processed
    27-07-2012 13:kiss:9 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
    27-07-2012 13:kiss:8 International Hub Received in destination country
    25-07-2012 01:08 Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT Forwarded for export
    24-07-2012 20:47 Delivery Agent - CHINA
    Collected from customer
  3. MultiStack

MultiStack

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to see you have the same problem and hope you get your goods soon.

After reading advise in this forum it is best advised not to call customs, but i suppose it depends of course what is the content of your package and what questions customs may ask, it also depends on the paper work provided with the shipment as it is the importers responsibility to ensure the documents are correct so if the sender has not done as they should you can land yourself in trouble and you are held responsible.

My package has batteries and silicone lubrication (for flashlights in case you was wondering ;)) which I think mayb have caused the delay as they may have wanted to check if the conents were safe? who knows, I have received batteries before by EMS and had packages inspected and opened with no problems but either there is a general delay or in my case I think maybe the silicone has something to do with it.

I have now some movement on my package so it may well be with me soon:

10-08-2012 07:48 National Hub Received and processed
    10-08-2012 00:kiss:6 International Hub Revised charges to be paid
    10-08-2012 00:kiss:4 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
    08-08-2012 12:kiss:2 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging
    01-08-2012 12:18 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
    01-08-2012 12:15 International Hub Received and processed
    29-07-2012 16:48 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
    29-07-2012 16:47 International Hub Received in destination country
    26-07-2012 21:41 Delivery Agent - EMSEVT SHENZHEN EMS Forwarded for export
    26-07-2012 19:21 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

It looks like they maybe did not believe the paper work and have decided on their own customs charges so it will be interesting to see what fees I have to pay when I receive the document from Parcelforce.

I was actually reading up on the prohibited items to see if silicone lubrication was maybe not allowed but it is not listed so I presume is ok but I have read that batteries are actually now permitted to be sent by parcelforce which I have done many times before with no problems so I am not sure what is going on there. I do usually have batteries sent via DHL as some divisions allow that if they come with supported paperwork and are packed properly but DHL will not allow silicone so I had to use EMS this time, it just seems to have taken such a long time so will try to avoid EMS in future.

Hope your package makes it to you soon and at least you paid by paypal so have some come back if it does not.
  4. Maria-Magdalena

Maria-Magdalena

Hi,
    still no updates :-(
  5. Odds & Sods

Odds & Sods

Ems is a nightmare to us takes so long with them I`ve just had a order sent to me by Fedex and should be here tomorrow .

Date/Time

Activity

Details
    Aug 14, 2012 5:17 AM

International shipment release - Import

STANSTED GB

Aug 14, 2012 5:17 AM

In transit

STANSTED GB

Package available for clearance
    Aug 14, 2012 3:52 AM

At destination sort facility

STANSTED GB

Aug 14, 2012 4:02 AM

Departed FedEx location

PARIS FR

Aug 14, 2012 3:17 AM

In transit

PARIS FR

Aug 13, 2012 7:47 PM

Departed FedEx location

PARIS FR

Aug 13, 2012 7:17 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

PARIS FR

Aug 13, 2012 7:17 PM

In transit

PARIS FR

Aug 11, 2012 9:07 PM

At local FedEx facility

PARIS FR

Aug 11, 2012 5:20 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

PARIS FR

Aug 11, 2012 11:00 PM

In transit

CHEK LAP KOK HK

Aug 11, 2012 11:25 AM

In transit

CHEK LAP KOK HK

Aug 10, 2012 11:25 PM

At local FedEx facility

LANTAU ISLAND HK

Aug 9, 2012 11:42 PM

At local FedEx facility

LANTAU ISLAND HK

Aug 9, 2012 6:14 PM

Left FedEx origin facility

KWUN TONG HK

Aug 9, 2012 2:54 PM

Picked up

KWUN TONG HK

Aug 8, 2012 3:40 AM

Shipment information sent to FedEx
  6. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

I had a parcel delivered with the same service as MultiStack last month from HK,

It got sent on the 11th, arrived in the UK on the 12th but I didn't receive it until the 23rd

Customs clearance was the longest delay, followed by having to wait for a letter to pay customs fees

Shame they can't email you to speed things along with regards to paying the fees, it would save at least 2 days
  7. Maria-Magdalena

Maria-Magdalena

8. Gary

Gary

Why open a claim through paypal? It's there to protect you from rogue sellers but in this case it's seemingly the seller that needs protecting!

It is NEVER the responsibility of the seller to clear customs and if I was the seller and you opened and won a paypal case on those grounds I would take you to court (and win).

You honestly should be ashamed of even saying such a thing, you choose the products you buy, you are responsible for customs clearance so what exactly has the seller done wrong?

Customs won't hold the products indefinitely unless there's unpaid dues or they're fakes or otherwise illegal, in which case the responsibility still lies with you!
    dannyrouse likes this.
  9. Pete

Pete

Prior to and through the Olympics we found slowdown with DHL and our shipping agent suggested EMS. Terrible. I've got guys who had stuff held with EMS/Parcelforce, placed new orders by DHL and received the deliveries from DHL while the EMS orders were still "clearing".

Calls to Parcelforce just put them off. Acknowledged having the goods, but other than that "you'll get it when we bring it to you."
  10. Maria-Magdalena

Maria-Magdalena

Hi Gary,

according to paypal policy the seller is responsible for undelivered item and I can claim if the pracel wont be delivered. Also from my experince as a seller I always pay a little bit more from my packet for a insurance because Royal Mail lost my parcels in the past (and had to refund so lost money and items which I sent). I wanted pay more for dhl /fedex but he did not want to agree for that . Today 20 days passed and there is no updates on parcelforce website. Did not get any letter from them saying that t the parcel was opened or damaged by customs . Tryied to contact the seller but did not reply .
    So sorry but why I should be ashemed? Becuase did not get my parcel? This should be a seller responsiblity to buy additional insurence (very often the insurance is included to posting fee) . I am not this kind of person who open a claim because must pay additional money for custom charge . I will be very happy to pay but the problem is that something goes wrong - do not even know if this parcel was addressed to me and if my item was inside.
  11. Gary

Gary

Hi maria,

That's paypal policy, NOT the law, legally customs clearance is not the responsibility of ther seller and never has been, it's been received by customs as the tracking states, it's down to you to find out why it isn't with you yet, insurance doesn't make the item clear customs or get delivered any faster, and 20 days from China for parcelforce isn't the end of the world, it can sometimes take this sometimes even longer, especially with extra delays that parcelforce (and many other companies) have been experiencing lately.

Again, regardless of what paypal say or do, they aren't the law and aren't exactly known for acting within it, try phoning parcelforce again, and if they say to call customs then call customs, they won't bite your head off!
  12. TTL

TTL

Just as a sideline on this, if you are keeping an eye on your consignment and see that it has been released by customs, you can phone ParcelForce and get the reference number you need to pay the amount you owe. This will save you 2 to 3 days waiting for the letter to arrive, as you can then log onto the ParcelForce website, enter this number, pay online and have the consignment delivered the next day.
  13. Jam Man

Jam Man

I have a package also in customs, and have enquired with Parcelforce to contact the Intl hub for an update. They say they have a backlog of items, but I know they've told me lies before.

I always use DHL express when I can. Very, very quick service as they pay any tax on your behalf, and have their own dedicated customs channel into the UK. I don't like EMS/parcelforce as its very unpredicatable as everything is based on customs.
  14. striek5

striek5

I order 2 packages 15 august grom china to uk and i dont receive anything handed to customs - delivered.

alot problems with ems/parcelforce i Use now another courier