Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!

Facebook announces free ad credits for UK SMEs

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lace, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg announced up to €5million worth of Facebook ad credits for EU firms. This is to further push the social network as a serious advertising platform for businesses and aims to reach up to 50,000 small businesses.

[​IMG]

Facebook also announced a series of “Facebook for Business” roadshows with the help of the British Chamber of Commerce.

The social networking site has contributed £2.2bn to the UK’s GDP and supports 35,000 jobs in the UK.
    If given the chance, will you take part in this ad boost programme and upcoming road shows?

Source
  2. Dan

Dan

I'll take up any free advertising possible at the moment as I'm just starting off! I think the roadshows would be good, whatever they may be like I don't know. As social networking is relatively new for businesses now it will almost definitely be very popular and would jump at the chance of some kind of promotion advertising
  3. Kevin Harley

Kevin Harley

Definitely be up for the free ad credits, Customers already have the option of buying from us within Facebook so a nice targeted ad that's keeps them within Facebook could prove a nice sales boost!

Not sure about the roadshow though, almost certainly (not unreasonably) a platform to upsell!
  4. TechnGadgets

TechnGadgets

What this does is that it boosts the price of the keywords for existing advertisers so in reality facebook are making money out of it!!!
  5. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

One of my colleagues was previously emailed by Facebook offering free credits indeed, but it was to be used only until December 31, 2011. Facebook ads are definitely worth the experiment. TechnGadgets raised an interesting point, hence social marketers should get really creative this year to attract attention even with limited social advertising budgets

How long have you been selling on Facebook Kevin? Looks like you're doing really well! :)

Sounds exciting right? I think the roadshow will be a great venue to meet fellow online sellers and learn a few bits too, very few opportunities to meet up exist IMO.

6. Kevin Harley

Kevin Harley

In reality I have only sold one or two items - but that's largely due to to the amount of time (or lack of) that I have put into it!

I use the app from tiger commerce to enable the ecommerce part of the business page. It's a little inelegant but does the job and is free:)

I always like to make use of the free credits that Google provide for ad-words must have had about £400 worth over last 18 months!
    Lace likes this.