Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!

Facebook Prepares to go Public

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Ron, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Ron

Ron

As the title says, social networking giant Facebook will begin the process of becoming a publicly- listed company this week valuing it at between $75 billion (£48bn) and $100 billion.

[​IMG]

The flotation is expected to raise $10 billion and that this would be one of the biggest shares seen on Wall Street dwarfing the $1.9 billion raised by Google when it went public in 2004 but some way short of the $20 billion raised by General Motors in 2010.

There have been rumours that circulated for months in regards to Facebook's initial public offering but the company opted not to comment on the subject.

Facebook makes most of its money through advertising.
    Anthony likes this.
  2. DaleB

DaleB

It certainly will be interesting to see what happens.

Initial reports state they aim to raise $5n with rumours surfacing there aiming for $10bn.

Last year after all taxes, they made $1bn.

The interesting fact for me was that they have over 400 million members who access via there mobile, yet they make no income from these.
    Ron likes this.
  3. Dorey

Dorey

Yes, this is interesting for me too.

I personally think it is all about making things easier for the consumer. With 400 million members accessing via their phones, they all end up using Facebook more and more, and may therefore mean they are more likely to use Facebook at home as well (perhaps an addiction factor). So, even if there are no adverts (85% of Facebooks income) on the mobile version, when they use the computer version more at home, there are adverts here instead.

However, having said this, it is still a huge potential income that they appear to be missing that would almost certaintly increase Facebooks profits further! Maybe it's not all about Profits for Mr. Zuckerberg!
  4. DaleB

DaleB

Absolutely! Although you must be doing something right when you can spend $700,000 a year on private plane journeys for yourself, friends & family.
  5. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

I would invest in Facebook if I can haha

Their payments business saw $557M cash coming in from 2011, if all goes well without a major sidetrack - FB has all the potential to become eBay, Amazon, and PayPal!
  6. Dorey

Dorey

Indeed, perhaps the first major eBay competitor in the next couple of years too
  7. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

That would definitely be something to watch out for! I mean none have so far really been able to compete close enough to where and what eBay is, no matter all the negative posts.
  8. Tommy Coles

Tommy Coles

All very interesting!