1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Fake designer clothing sites to stay away from!

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by guru4us, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guru4us

guru4us

2. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

Just looking at them you can tell they are shady.....it amazes me that people fall for these sites.
  3. guru4us

guru4us

totally agree with ya mike
  4. mdarwish01

mdarwish01

Im glad someone found out about Bdclothing.com . I always thought they were reputable dealers. I have messages sometimes with the owner from time to time on MSN messenger. It is constantly changing hands for some reason. Maybe the fact that the owners are worried about selling fakes.
  5. ashford_trader

ashford_trader

Seeing as though I was looking at getting into designer wear - how can you tell these sites were dodgy? Is it easy, or is it because you have been in the game long enough to know exactly what to look for? From briefly looking at them, I would never have guessed, especially as they aren't exactly cheap either.

I think it would be in many peoples interest to find out how to spot a dodgy trader online - so if you could, that would give everyone a fighting chance to at least be more vigilent when looking to buy from a particular place.

Cheers
  6. guru4us

guru4us

Hi, im not really an expert on clothing dave..the sites posted above were originally mentioned by the member Cymru78...
    One think to look out for is the prices. Always remember the golden rule: if its true good to be true, then it probably isnt.
    Have you noticed the format in all the sites posted above? The first thing that struck me was the similarity. Take a look at force24.com and goldensparkle.co.uk. The first thing that struck me was the similarity..

bdclothing seems to have been suspended.

its not always easy to tell whether or not they are dodgy. you cant tell whether or not the goods are fake until you buy them (and find out the hard way), but i'll try and explain how you can tell. There's a difference in fake and dodgy. some sites are good enough to convince people to buy fake stuff..some are just plain dodgy in the sense that you dont receive your goods.
    take cm7.co.uk as an example..the questions and order line is a mobile number! the person selling obviously does not want to be found out...and its not very professional. Take a look at the gucci jeans and compare their prices with the retail price.too good to be true isnt it?

Anyway, if someone here knows a lot about clothing, please do post and let everyone know how to spot fakes..and so on. I would be interested to know too.

Thanks!
  7. ashford_trader

ashford_trader

Thanks for your input Harry!

With regards to prices, the are comparable with other sites I have seen - which wouldn't make me suspicious. The other thing, is that I have been buying Hugo Boss jeans off eBay in batches of 10 at a time, and been getting them at better prices than any wholesaler I have seen online. Now I am worried that they might be fake. They look authentic enough, I went to a store to compare them to, and they had a Hugo Boss Outlet tag as well as other genuine tags on them.

There are a lot of them for sale on eBay, so I guess they can't be - or is everyone being duped?

I have noticed a similarity between some of these sites, and actually the layout of some of them are similar to other online wholesalers that I have across during my search.

It's a minefield out there! Does anyone know what kind of comeback there is, should someone that I or anyone else has sold to, discovers that the item you have sold them isn't authentic like you first thought?
  8. guru4us

guru4us

hmm..its really hard to say really.not everyone on ebay is selling fakes. why not try this site--> http://www.mftrading.co.uk and check out the price list. Compare the prices you have bought at against their price. They are a legit company and sell authentic stuff at wholesale prices...

hope it helps!
  9. ashford_trader

ashford_trader

Thanks Harry. It seems like they have undercut MF Trading quite a bit, but they are selling about 50 Hugo Boss jeans a day, plus other designers. I have remembered that they have a website www. designeragencies. com. Could anyone let me know what they think? Are they or aren't they legit?

Cheers
  10. guru4us

guru4us

hmm..prices are telling me that they arent legit :(
    what do the others think? seems like a two way convo..no one else seems to be interested lol..
  11. shaheenawan

shaheenawan

Hi

Designeragencies.com also sell on ebay on a daily basis, selling hugo boss jeans, christian dior t shirts, juicy couture etc. Where do they get their stock from?? Many people bid for their items all the time. Can you confirm that they sell fake items. Thanks shaheen
  12. nocturnal

nocturnal

my opinion is that they are selling FAKES, designer brands do not release their brands to mickey mouse wholesalers they look after their long term established customers who are able to charge full RRP for their products. Why on earth would they devalue their brand by allowing their goods to fall into the hands of ebay sellers who would sell on for whatever price they can get. IMO 90% of the prada gucci dior boss juicy LV on ebay is fake.

Legit wholesale sites selling authentic designer wear won't entertain ebay sellers, they are looking for sellers with traditional brick stores or a fully functioning ecommerce web site + they must be VAT registered, that's minimum requirements.

Think about it some of thoes dodgy sites advertise bags at £25 wholesale / RRP £200 (minimum order 10, what a total joke. Also another give away is the minimum order of 10 this usually means that they have bought in bulk from some replica site in China . Labels / authenticity cards are irrelevant as thay are faked too.

What's the consequences of selling fakes, all it takes is for someone to complain to the prooper bodies and their could be a knock at your door its not worth it.
  13. ashford_trader

ashford_trader

Thanks for everyones input on this - proves I'm no good at spotting a fake! Shall certainly steer clear of DesignerAgency in future, and I think I will steer clear of clothes full stop - unless I have an actual shop so that I can sell authentic gear at near retail prices.

If there are so many fakes on eBay - how are the ones selling authentic gear going to manage selling them on eBay, especially when the prices could be 200% or more than someone selling a fake?
  14. Oddjob

Oddjob

what you have to remmeber is that all designer labels will not sell there goods to wholsalers they have offical distributors who will only selll to retail outlets , some off these retail outlets are now buying in large quantities and will sell at wholsale prices, but the prices are still above what fake sellers are selling them at, i know 1, becauce i have spoken to some off the distributors with a view to buying from them but as i don't have a retail shop they would not sell to me , 2 and when i have found out which stores will sell wolesale you can not compete with with fake sellers on ebay, because the price are high another way is to have a word with a retail manger to see if they will sell any out of season stock to start with ,
  15. ashford_trader

ashford_trader

Good advice boro97!

Unforunately, I have decided to pull out of the designer wear game, because of my recent purchases from DesignerAgencies. I would prefer to buy and sell legit stuff, but in order to make money with this, you really need retail premises from the looks of it - and I don't think I can turn my house into one of those!!! :D

Wish I had come across this site before I had purchased them, but you can't win them all. At least I haven't lost much money by not being able to sell them now - but I had still had to learn the hard way.

Back to looking at more niche markets to get into I think - more research!!! :eek:
  16. rachmac

rachmac

With regards to bdclothing.com selling fake designer clothing.
    About a month ago this site was up for sale on an ebay auction for £3,000.

I was interested in buying it ( I didn't know then that it was dealing in fakes) and emailed the seller asking many questions one of which was would he accept Escrow.com for the auction ( due to the value of the transaction & the amount of fraud on ebay that I've expereinced) and so therefore he would only reiceve the money when the site was handed over, he said no, the reason being?
    he wanted his bank manager to see the money going into his account.

I mean what rubbish when he would of recieved the money via Escrow he could have then put it into his account and he bank manger would of seen it.

I then emailed saying I would only buy the site if he'd accept Escrow and asking if he'd reconsider on this and guess what? I never heard from him again.
    And also a few days later the auction ( for whatever reason) was removed by ebay as I had it in my watch list and it disappeared.

This all makes me highly suspicious that he was just going to take the winning bidders money and not hand over the site, as his reasons for not accepting Escrow were quite frankly pathetic.

I have just noticed it i up for sale again on ebay for £5,995 ( the auction is just for the site though, no stock is included for such a large amount of money.)
    It's item number 7529014112 if anyone wants to take a look.
    I'm sure it's the same seller as before.

But after reading the comments here about bdclothing and the fact that i suspect that the auction will be a fraudulent one due to all of the above I will be steering well clear and I'd advise others to do the same.
  17. guru4us

guru4us

cant something be done to take this auction down? reporting to vero or ebay ?
  18. rachmac

rachmac

You would think so wouldn't you? but I've reported numerous counterfeit designer goods to ebay before as its not only against ebay rules but illegal and none of them have been removed.

Ebay say they won't tolerate fakes on the site but only seem to remove them if the Vero people say they want the offending auction removed.

Also as it's a site with fake designer goods on he's selling it will be even harder to get ebay/Vero to remove it as they won't be looking under this section of ebay at businesses for sale and a designer clothing site they will just look for designer goods for sale on ebay and his auction is for a website business not actual designer goods for sale.
  19. Anthony

Anthony

Whilst I agree with this statement it isn't actually ebay that do all the searching around for fakes, it is usually officiates of the actually company in concern that report the items. Even then I believe there has to be more than one report of the fake item.

The vero situation is a complete mindfield that very few people seem to understand.

Hopefully sometime in the future ebay will look at the programme and sort it out! :\
  20. JanesDeals

JanesDeals Banned Member

careful

I caution you to be careful posting these lists. It could be a libel suit down the road...
    I know your intentions are probably good and that you are only trying to police the internet but it could backfire on you if it is not 100% true. (Thousands of people could read this post resulting in a big loss of business for these companies)

The fact is -- ebay allows powersellers to sell counterfeits. Vero doesn't seem to care too much. Ebay is one of the fastest growing companies in the world.

Worry about yourself not the rest of the world. Ex: If you want to buy/sell Authentic goods, just ask for a copy of the sanitized invoice or don't buy it.. Or deal with the licensed wholesaler and pay regular wholesale prices if you want to be certain you are getting authentic merchandise.

If you are a retail consumer, only buy from macys or nordstroms online (instead of Ebay.) Nordstroms has great customer service and open ended return policy.,

Simple Solution !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.