1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Fakes in the marketplace section

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by the101s, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the101s

the101s

i was going to chime in on one of the other threads, but it seemed slightly off topic.

i dont understand how people are being allowed to sell blatant fakes in the marketplace section, the most obvious and the most common offenders on ebay that i can spot an absolute mile off!

there are millions of threads with people giving other people all kinds of different advice, but noone seems to be calling out the obvious fake stuff being sold, and to make it worse, some of the threads have hundreds of replies with people lapping it up!

im not going to name any names, and im sure most people are just naive and not intentionally selling them; but a fair amount of the stuff being sold is either: in quantities unobtainable by a bedroom seller, or brands/items unobtainable by a bedroom seller.

not belittling anyone by saying bedroom seller, just making the point. i doubt a lot of this stuff would be available to a small to medium sized retail business either.
  2. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Re: fakes in the marketplace section on THIS forum

What evidence do you have to suggest this? What items are you talking about?
  3. mgroadster

mgroadster Banned Member

As you seem so absolutely sure that there are fakes being advertised by official advertisers on this forum, I would think that the 1st thing for you to do is come out with it as to whom you are alledging is carrying out this practice and your mode of proof? You've made the blatant accusation so it's time to reveal your findings, unless you are just guessing to tarnish advertisers here without a scrap of evidence and therefore making yourself look an idiot?
  4. stevier95

stevier95

Agree 100% :welldone:
  5. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

Lol what a tool.

You are happy to just sit back and watch people get ripped off then? Either post your findings and proof here or contact admin and see what they say.

It is not nice just to keep quiet and let people carry on selling fakes, if indeed this turns out to be true.

If you are wrong then so be it, better to be safe than sorry. So please let us know what makes you think fakes are being sold. If it is just because of the brand nad quantities obtained then I am sorry but that is just not good enough. How the heck do you know how much cash people have and what their buying power and contacts are?
  6. mgroadster

mgroadster Banned Member

Could this be because you haven't got any?
  7. stevier95

stevier95

You sir are a funny man/woman.
  8. NTNTNT

NTNTNT

Im with the original poster on this one. I don'thave names because I have not really thought about it but from memory people who are selling Skull Candy Headphones are 10000% because I was in contact with someone on DHgate and they said in the past 2 months replica factories have started to produce Skull Candy headphones and there is are a couple of threads on here that are making a hell of a lot of money selling this fake crap.
  9. mgroadster

mgroadster Banned Member

Of course you've thought about it!! You are happy to mention that there are threads that are selling it!!
  10. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Its probably best that nonsensical threads like this are closed, because we all know threads like these grow very long arms and legs, and next thing it will turn into a slanging match.

With no names mentioned by the OP or supporting poster, it is a pointless statement based on guesswork and by the sounds of it no experience.

Im sure the advertisers on here will be thankful of somebody sitting behind their PC firing off shots in the dark.
  11. Anthony

Anthony

I would be happy to look into your concerns if you would kindly make them available to me in greater detail.

We rely heavily on the community reporting items of concern and whilst we do actively review offers, it is certainly helpful to receive tips on an anonymous basis.

I'm sure I can count on your help with this. You can contact us in this thread or privately should you wish.

Thank you.
  12. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Dont hold your breath Anthony........
  13. ballymoremonty

ballymoremonty

I don't think it's a nonsensical thread. I haven't a clue what's fake or not on the market place. If folk are going to sell on a public forum, they should be prepared for scrutiny though. A lot of people come on here with a few quid, hoping to turn a pound on Ebay or carboots and the like.

If your making advertisers on here out to be infallible, your setting buyers up for a fall.
    If he's contacted Anthony privately that's the right way to do it. If he started mouthing of name's in this thread, I'd think the OP wasn't credible at all.

It's a lot healthier to question something now, opposed to when a load of members get their ebay accounts suspended for selling fakes.

14. Pipehype

Pipehype

Research research research......
  15. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

My point is that from the sounds of it, the OP is just guessing, and making a number of assumptions that they know nothing about. They have never said they have purchased anything, so how would they know? By looking at a picture? by looking at the quantities offered? Rubbish!

If you make a claim like that, you back it up with hard evidence - something that the OP has got none of. The statements made are beliefs, opinions, not based on hard fact.

Yes sure, some come on here and sell fakes, but they are weeded out and then they are gone. It is unfair just to tarnish every advertiser on here for selling fakes. I am setting nobody up for a fall - as Sean has stated some of my favourite ryhme yet again - research research research :welldone:

16. PfcJase

PfcJase Banned Member

Wow :eek:
  17. Cataclyst

Cataclyst

Whilst we're on this topic, why do market traders get away with selling fake items e.g. designer clothing for pennies?
  18. Pipehype

Pipehype

Because the buyers are there looking for a deal and don't care whether the stuff is fake or real?
  19. ballymoremonty

ballymoremonty

So your assuming the Op is making assumptions, therefore rubbishing his post?

20. Cataclyst

Cataclyst

So it's completely legal? That's what I was wondering. Yes I'm aware shoppers at markets are tramps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.