1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Fakes in the marketplace section

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by the101s, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhafmail

uhafmail

I don't understand how some people are defending the OP here. He has posted a thread with no evidence, no names mentioned, not even product examples but yet some people are jumping to his defence?

That is like me going into a police station and reporting a murder but not knowing who the murderer is, who the victim is or where or when it happened.
  2. the101s

the101s

Re: fakes in the marketplace section on THIS forum

no, its because you cant just chuck names around. if i was a newspaper i could say what i said without any issues. if i started to point out peoples names i would be mobbed. as i probably would be on here. i dont get why people are getting quite so touchy. just cos you like this site doesnt mean that what i said isnt true. are they your mates? do you know them? have you ever bought any of their stuff?

no?

oh right!
  3. the101s

the101s

well apparently not as ive posted this thread? how is that keeping quiet? contacting the admins probably wouldnt do much as its pretty blatent in the marketplace section so surely itd be easier to POST A THREAD and let everyone know.
  4. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Please report your findings either on here or as a PM to admin (I would advise the PM route)

If you cannot do this, please go away!
  5. Pipehype

Pipehype

Well I honestly don't see why you don't post links to stuff that you believe is fake in the marketplace? I don't see what you've got to lose?! You don't know any of them from Adam and they do not know you. No need to accuse outright just post what you believe to be suspect stuff. I think this it what people have been saying from the start. That you should back up your statements. It's not a matter of people knowing each other either. I've posted threads about stuff that I thought was fake before but only because I had bought it. (and actually it was not for sale in the marketplace directly but the seller was an advertiser here)

It's not a conspiracy everyone is just defending the forum as a whole not every single seller here.

In the words of Woody Harrelson - Time to Nut up or Shut Up! :welldone:
  6. the101s

the101s

thank you.

my original post was intended to be helpful, not malicious. there are obviously a range of people on here, from the total beginners to the hugely experienced. itd be easy for some of the newer people to get drawn in. I HAVE in the past, im just trying to help others learn from my mistakes/experience.
  7. the101s

the101s

are you serious? sorry but thats ridiculous.

post up things i 'suspect'? - isnt that the same as making an outright accusation in public. you cant just do that. at a higher level youd be looking at some serious legal trouble

if someone posted one of my threads they 'suspected' id be bloody annoyed (understatement of the year).
  8. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

You mean to say if you contact Anthony (admin) and give some evidence he won't take any action ? :@:rolleyes:
  9. Pipehype

Pipehype

Well whats the point of the thread then?
  10. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Id be 'bloody annoyed' if i was a paid advertiser, and someone tarnished every single seller, like you have here.

Like I have said, please back up your claims, or start backpeddling....fast.
  11. Michael

Michael

12. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

13. the101s

the101s

i never generalised anything. if you actually read what i wrote i just said that there are SOME fakes being sold in the marketplace, i never said most, the majority, or anything else to suggest that.

its like saying lots of fakes are sold on ebay. does that mean every ebay seller should be 'ready to pop round my gaff with a crow bar and a knuckle sandwich'?
  14. Pipehype

Pipehype

lol thats a good read!
  15. the101s

the101s

i havent tarnished every single seller. learn to read properly and do some backpeddling yourself. pal.
  16. Pipehype

Pipehype

"i dont understand how people are being allowed to sell blatant fakes in the marketplace section, the most obvious and the most common offenders on ebay that i can spot an absolute mile off!"

Kind of a generalization if you ask me? You have to see peoples point in fairness?
  17. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

This is what you posted in other thread.

Still no proof and no evidence.

Time for me to take a break, cuz you ain't making any sense.
  18. mgroadster

mgroadster Banned Member

So, at the end of the day, you have presented no evidence to back any of your claims, therefore I think we can all presume its total rubbish. The tram crash in Coronation st. wasn't convincing, the Queen vic burning down wasn't convincing and I think your claims without evidence can now be shelved as just another bit of unsubstantiated nonsense.
  19. the101s

the101s

not really. some people are selling fakes in the marketplace. how does that translate to everyone? or the majority?

'the most obvious and the most common offenders on ebay that i can spot an absolute mile off!' - im talking about the offending items that there are 10000000 of on ebay, and everybody knows are fakes.
  20. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

I disagree. I thought the tram crash was realistic......:lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.