1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Forum Fun!

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by YNWA, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YNWA

YNWA

I know this is a business forum, and deals with serious issues but what I am thinking of is a bit of fun on the side of the business side.

What I am willing to take control of if people would be interested in is sort of a golden goal type lottery, based on the Irish Lottery Bonus Ball. Just like we do in pubs, work forces all over the country. I used to run one of these when I worked for Ladbrokes.

Basically. There are 45 numbers to choose from, each costing £1.

Every Saturday there is a draw for the Irish Lottery and what ever bonus ball number comes out in the main draw the person with that number wins the money.

Terms would be something like this:

£1 per number (1-45) Paid via PayPal.
    Winner gets £35.

I will organise a way to get your number which you can either keep every week if you wish. But strict terms of payment before you are allocated your number will have to be inforced. This will be due to people not paying if they don't win.

What does everyone think?

People be up for it?

Just trying to generate a bit of fun into the forum, from which you can benefit but also give you something interesting to look forward to at the weekend.

:\
  2. BillyA

BillyA Retired Moderator

This could constitute online gambling.
  3. YNWA

YNWA

I see it more as a raffle. You buy a ticket with a number on it and lets see what gets drawn. As I said I used to run one of these for Ladbrokes and it is not gambling, it is a raffle (thats how were got away with it in Ladbrokes without them taking a cut of the profits)

Gambling would be dictating, how much you can place on that number (£5 compared to someone elses £1).

This is merely buying a ticket for a raffle off a member of the forum (ME) for which the Irish Lottery will decide the winner, in all interest of fairness.

:niceone:
  4. Sonik

Sonik

sounds good to me :)
  5. glasshaus

glasshaus

yeah i like the idea, i would definitly sign up for a year!

Although people would have to buy tickets up front, or buy a ticket for a time, eg 1 month
  6. YNWA

YNWA

I might ban you as you, won the last competition ;)

Nah all welcome, I would run this from my section on forum and work out a way to dish out the numbers etc...

Lets see how much interest it gets first as last comp. I done people didn't really have a go.

7. Nick-D

Nick-D

sounds like a nice idea, i know alot of other forums that do this so i dont think it is classed as online gambling or anything
  8. wragge11

wragge11

Sounds great!
  9. RWA

RWA

I'd be interested :D
  10. price.slash.ele

price.slash.ele

:niceone: Count me in
  11. YNWA

YNWA

The general feeling here is that people would have ago.

Like to see the feelings of some more mods and Anthony as well?

End of the day, its just a bit of fun.
  12. Anthony

Anthony

I'm thinking it over.. :rolleyes:
  13. YNWA

YNWA

Nice one, just to repeat that I am not asking for a section dedicated to Forum Fun, just would it be ok to run this raffle on this forum which I will run from my section of the forum.

It is some what like the DS Lite competition I ran, but instead you win £35 decided by the Irish Lottery Bonus Ball from the main draw on a Saturday.

14. double_d77

double_d77 Retired Moderator

How would the prise be broken down??

pick from 45 numbers winner gets £35?!? what happens if you dont 'raffle' all the numbers off (under £35) also what happens if you raffle of all 45?? things need to be written out in lamens terms

Dave
  15. YNWA

YNWA

I know, terms need to be written but these would be written once i got the go ahead.

Term for selling under £35 number would be winner takes all. But if we have the ones who play every week then this shouldnt be a problem.

Price per ticket may rise to £1.20 as paypal take 20p off every transaction and may leave us short of £35 if 45 numbers are bought.

Just need the green light then I can write up terms etc...
  16. Anthony

Anthony

Write up the terms and then we will consider it. We need to see something down on paper with the full rules/details ect to make the final decision.

Thanks
  17. Oddjob

Oddjob

Yes it does, but its legal here in the UK
  18. YNWA

YNWA

Terms would be:
    • Each number from 1-45 costs £1.25 per ball, you can pick more than 1 number if you like.
    • You have a choice of keeping your number for life (i.e. that will be your regular number every week - this is for people who want there so called lucky number)
    • Payment of each ball will go to my PayPal e-mail address
    • The draw will take place every Saturday night, and the winner will be declared using the bonus ball from the Irish Lottery 1st Draw.
    • Winner Picks up £35 (if the total number of balls sold does not add up to £35 then winner takes the maximum available)
    • Your number must be paid for before 8pm on a Saturday before the draw, otherwise you won't be eligible to enter that draw, so get your number early.
    After each draw I will post a thread with the numbers available on, the numbers will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. If you plan on keeping the same number every week, let me know and these can be paid for in one payment for 5 weeks in advance so for 1 number = £1.25x5(number of weeks) = £6

Still thinkin of terms if needed, anyone point out any flaws or ideas?

Cheers
    Will

If this goes ahead hope to start it 20th Jan.
  19. Oddjob

Oddjob

Why the irish lottery and not the national lottery?
  20. YNWA

YNWA

Because the Irish Lottery has 45 numbers whereas the National has 49.

I was just using the Irish as its less numbers to sell, if you wanna up it to National then I'm fine with that just need the people to buy numbers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.