1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Fraudulent Activity Committed by x_Emily_x

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Anthony, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael

I have thought for a long time there was something not right about her which many of you would have spotted whilst reading threads we were both in and have also discussed certain threads she was a part of with a few other members over the phone who agreed.

I'm surprised it has taken so long to come to light and its nice to see Anthony nipping it in the bud as quickly as he has once he found out. To be honest anyone with a bit of business savvy or people that think with their heads wouldnt have been caught up in any dealings with her in the first place but nobody deserves to be scammed so I wish anyone involved good luck with getting issues sorted.

My final thought..... Good riddance!
  2. Tracy

Tracy

Hope you all get your money back guys.

She had approached me also to supply her with phones, but as i was always a "cash upfront" person (knowing personally that she had a history of not paying her debts) nothing was ever ordered and guess she tried to get Chris to give her a credit account instead.

People have, in the past PM'd me asking if its ok to do business with her (being that people thought we were mates) and i always told them NO, she is not a paid up advertisor, and tried to steer them towards known reliable advertisors.
    So hopefully a few of you took my advice and did leave well alone.

As they say keep your friends close, and keep your enemies closer ;)
  3. Ben-Prestek

Ben-Prestek

Same here but must have been put off by our trade application and the need for refs as we never recived it back
  4. sjwtrade

sjwtrade

Well I never.
    The joys of internet trading and the art of psychology that's played in a scam.
    I have only purchased off a handful of people on TWF, all registered full paid up advertisers and I only really made any contact with them after trawling the forums for every word written by and about them.
    A little over cautious maybe but that's how I have gone about things and I must say the handful of people I have dealt with have been superb people to deal with.
    What this highlights is that in our own way I guess we are all a little vulnerable in some way.
    Some were vulnerable in falling for the scammers charms and psychology whilst others were a little quick to critisize the forums administrators without maybe knowing what was going on behind the scenes.
    For me I think we can all learn from this. We can learn to have some faith in the staff behind TWF, we can learn to be as vigilant as possible when dealing with prospective suppliers and above all else we can learn to work with each other in a positive way to help make TWF a friendly, informative and productive place to be.

That was a party political broadcast on behalf of SJWTrade.

Stu
  5. channelgoods

channelgoods

I am glad that TWF and Anthony has put this fire out. It's amazing people still try to scam other for little money. If you have paid by Credit Card ...call your credit card company and request a CHARGE BACK, also if you paid by PAYPAL request items not received. This will at least get you back money.

It's also good that everyone keeps an eye out for this. I have been scammed by all sorts and I do what I can to protect myself. Even customers actually have tried to test our security on our credit card systems only to find out they get a call from the police the next hour.

I also understand it's not only the loss of money but also the loss of business is you have already sold these items to Ebay or Amazon customers.

I can offer some help to the people who have been scammed. If you need some items ordered and fast, I can help .... as I am a larger buyer in the UK and China. All our product comes from verified UK & Chinese distributors .

I know what it's like to be scammed so I am here to help anyone who needs it.

Regards
  6. Tracy

Tracy

Nice post SJW, i agree (although we never realised at the time, but will certainly not question, admins methods again) Anthony and any other staff that were involved in sorting this, did a great job.

:niceone:
  7. Jed

Jed

Bit sad in a way as she came across as a very nice person and was involved in the forum frequently. However a scammer is a scammer and we cant ignore it.
    I can try and contact Emily if Anthony is ok with that but i cant promise anything.

Jed
  8. DavidLamX29

DavidLamX29

You can also tell her to pay me back, as she did a runner while your at it.

I would be very grateful if you passed that messege to her.

Thanks
    Dave
  9. Rala Clothing

Rala Clothing

hmmm, i wasn't expecting this, although i know a friend of mine was on the phone to her i think . I could probably find the number if this helps?
  10. willhof

willhof

So was Emily actually who she says she was or was it part of a persona ?
  11. DavidLamX29

DavidLamX29

All I can say is that shes a scammer
  12. willhof

willhof

Yes, but that wasn't what I was asking... I'm now aware that she's a scammer.
  13. TSP

TSP

14. londonking

londonking

To put it more simply, was 'she' a man or a woman?

Above all this we must feel for Nicky who got into partnership with her and invested a lot in the new business setup.

15. TSP

TSP

having said all this.

She could be deluded enough to mean all she said in her starting out post, just not able to stop her fraudulent money making attempts.
  16. issics

issics

Blonde hair, looks quite attractive and the majority of blokes on here got sucked in. A typical scam and it was so blatent. From all the posts and litle clues she gave I cant believe nobody saw it coming. I could see it from the start but The moment I saw a post about `happy birthday emily` reaching 700 views it was obvious. Not saying all good looking people are like that but this is a classic sweetheart scam as already mentioned. Im a very hard person to please when it comes to trust anyway and I just had a bad feeling about the whole thing like greedyboy.

Hope you all get your dosh back and she hasnt taken you for too much.

ad.
  17. willhof

willhof

It's fine everyone saying that now, but if you'd all known then why didn't anybody say anything ?
  18. londonking

londonking

19. DavidLamX29

DavidLamX29

Well I guess people can judge now, I am honest as I did not care about how she look.

But all I do know is I did not put much money in.

If I would have seen her Bebo ages ago I would not deal with her.
  20. Gary

Gary

tbh, all the bebo post proves is that there is AN emily, whether or not it was actually her on the forum is another matter, anybody can use an identity (and/or pic) from bebo, facebook, etc but could still be a 48 yr old scammer called bob (for example), especially without ever having to prove an identity, or did anyone on here actually meet her?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.