1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Fraudulent Activity Committed by x_Emily_x

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Anthony, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbo01247

robbo01247

yes mate i wasn't saying you were just making a point before everybody starts a witch hunt
  2. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

Np Rob,seriously it was a simple Q mate thats all...
    Has anybody heard from Nicky? she/he ok?
  3. uhafmail

uhafmail

I have spoken to Nicky. She currently cannot get hold of Emily and she still owes Nicky money/stock.
  4. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

What a mess,it really is a shame.
  5. Tracy

Tracy

Rob I started that thread! as a bit of fun :( Really wish i didn't though as since that day people have grouped me into this "Girly Club" which i am sooooo not in!!!

And yes when Emily joined i think alot of us got caught up in the happy, fun girl that was Emily.

However not long after that, i couldn't stand the sight of her.
  6. Rob001

Rob001

Well well well, What an interesting read.

Never thought id see the day, How on earth did she have the balls to try scam a site like this where most of us have our eyes open. If she wanted a bit of extra cash this certainatly wasnt the site she should have messed with.

Good ridance to bad rubbish!!
  7. MichaelSacco

MichaelSacco

haha damn right. Look at this paragraph from her page:

"ι'м ѕℓιgнтℓу ¢яαzу, ∂вυт тнαт'ѕ αℓℓ gσσ∂, ι ℓσνє ¢ℓυввιηg, ρυввιηg, ∂αη¢ιηg, ρяαη¢ιηg, ѕнєєєєχ αη∂ ѕнєєєєχ, ∂σιηg ιт, тαℓкιηg αвσυт ιт, ιмαgιηιηg ιт, ∂яαωιη ιт, ℓσσкιηg αт ιт.."

Somehow I would not be willing to take someone very seriously after reading this...
  8. mabseyuk

mabseyuk

I think the more worrying point is, who's next?

If this is how easy it is to scam this forum, how many more are there lining up ready to scam the next member.

Mabs
  9. DeveloperMatt

DeveloperMatt

What an eye opener!! I feel for Nicky, she contacted me a week or so back about branded packing tape, seemed very enthusiastic about the new venture, the website was looking good.

I never thought for a moment Emily was a scammer, but I still avoided her. As an advertiser I try not be judgemental or be seen to takes sides, i'm here for business discussion/debate and advertising.

It did frustrate me when she would go off on one and threaten to get people banned who had done nothing but disagree with her. I often wondered when did she become an admin! The other problem I had is that she was in every thread all day long, the forum is a great source of information but you can't start a business by constantly posting comments on it!

There was a crazy time when people were starting threads wanting to give her £1000 without asking for a return, lets be honest a seemingly pretty, vunerable, female was the reason, I can't sympathise with anyone who made silly offers like that. It's good to see that some people followed normal business practice and didn't offer credit to what was no more than an email address and an avatar.

I hope those who have genuinely lost out get something back.

Matt
  10. Tracy

Tracy

Wow the times i wanted to post that on here!!!!
  11. Pete

Pete

That's a bit much.

There are over 40 thousand members here, just how many crooks, scoundrels, scammers and other low-lifes do you think you will find in any city of 40,000 anywhere in the world.

For all any of us know, she may be dead in a ditch somewhere, the victim, not the perpetrator. I'm not taking up for her, but as someone else noted, the one with the most at stake, and also the one with personal contact and knowledge of her life better than the other 40,000+ of us is saying little about the situation.

It is unfortunate there have been several sellers gone sour here, but other than Gamejelly, there were plenty of warning signs of the others. Steve had been caught several times before his latest, only proving that if you offer a good enough scam, people will continue to support you. And I had been telling anyone who would listen that king tees was selling a free cart, etc.

Some people will not see, cannot be dissuaded from making bad deals. That is not the fault of Anthony, the forum or the community at large.

Again, what city of 40,000 can count the annual crooks on the fingers of their hands?
  12. channelgoods

channelgoods

I agree with Pete Anthony has done an excellent job with this website and the situation. Also I have offered to help victims who need product immediatly in case they risk getting bad feedback on Ebay or Amazon.
    It's easy to see a scam has happened, but lets also look at the support there is for the victims. This network is here for those in need of help. I am ready to help any seller who has there back against the wall in a bad situation. It's called networking people. Lets support one another.
  13. PT

PT

I was surprised to be honest. I had heard one member was having problems, but I thought it was a misunderstanding or a simple mistake, certainly not this.

It just goes to show the importance of dealing only with community advertisers and it seems a lot more of this goes on than we know about. Members are foolish to go into any transaction with a member who's not a recognized advertiser.
  14. Saajan

Saajan

The site is owned by Emily by looking at the whois.
  15. willhof

willhof

It just goes to show sly and devious Emily was!

Posting the alluring pictures, getting involved in lots of threads, posting 1000+ times etc. was obviously all part of the bigger plan.

She's also been very clever in allowing Nicky to deal with TWF stuff, as it means Anthony doesn't have an address, phone number etc.

I just hope everyone gets their money back!
  16. mdsltd

mdsltd

Correct me if I am wrong but I cannot understand why she would go to all that trouble for next to nothing, maybe thousands of pounds yes but not hundreds.

Something just doesnt add up to me :\
  17. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

Cheers Saajan...
    Dont want to look like i'am starting to make assumptions or any-thing as such,because i seriously i'am not,but my Q is,where does Nicky fit into all this? As after reading the "Opening thread of the site launch" i got the jiz that they was partners of some sort...
    Again cant stress enough iam not jumping on Nicky in any sort of way....
  18. Tracy

Tracy

Was it not thousands?
  19. willhof

willhof

Perhaps something backfired...

Put it this way, I'd think it pretty darn stupid to try and scam members of this forum if I lived in the UK!

You've got some people out there on the forum who chose the wrong profession and should be opening up their own PI business.
  20. mdsltd

mdsltd

Dont know, was it? If it was WHY where people dealing with a non registered seller anyway :\

The way I heard it was Emily & Nicky where a joint business venture, no?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.