1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Fraudulent Activity Committed by x_Emily_x

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Anthony, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willhof

willhof

Simply because it was supposedly a partnership and the two both dealt with the business.

They saw Nicky as a registered seller and that was good enough for them to trust Emily.
  2. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Inferno and gamejelly paid advertisers ??

Its just a case of doing some homework before dealing with anyone, paid advertiser or not..
  3. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

willhof wrote- "They saw Nicky as a registered seller and that was good enough for them to trust Emily."

TBH- Thats the way i seen/read it,after not being active on the forum for a while and seeing what i thought was a joint venter,my first thoughts were congrates to them both,then i log in this morning and see Antony's post....Sad state of affairs..
    Hope all whom owed get there monies back..
  4. Pete

Pete

Her contact info was pasted above. Nicky knows where she WAS living.

I also doubt this was a plan. I think she may have just gotten in too deep into something that did not work out and maybe ran from her problems. Not the first to do so.

Bear in mind, while the case mentioned by Anthony has some history, her being missing is only several days old.

It is certainly cause for concern, but not something to attribute to a long-ago hatched scheme to bilk forum members. As mentioned, if it were deliberate from the get-go, she could have parleyed it into something much larger.

I feel it is more a desperate situation, possibly using others money to get by and not coming through with the goods. It's terribly tempting to use whatever you can put your hands on when being evicted or out of groceries, etc. Always with the honest conviction you will pay it back.

Then push comes to shove and you don't have it. Either busted kneecaps or take a powder.

I'm sure others have been there, if not from trading, from gambling, drugs, whatever. It's how we are, like it or not, there are few hungry people who can walk around with someone else's cash in their pocket and not be tempted to have a burger.
  5. Saajan

Saajan

Nicky was not handling the goods, only the sale enquiries (questions from buyers). Nicky is the innocent one.

Emily has scammed Nicky in a sense to.
  6. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

Am confused.com now.. :\:\
  7. Saajan

Saajan

What are you confused about?
  8. willhof

willhof

Pete, I agree with you in the sense that she could have created a far larger, elaborate money-making scheme from it, but I still think there is definitely some form of plan behind the whole thing.

Only time will tell I suppose. Has anybody taken filed a complaint to the Small Claims Court yet ?
  9. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

But it was a partnership want it Saajan?
    Again not jumping on Nicky,cant stress that enough...
    The site that was launched involed both Nicky and Emily,that correct?
  10. sk8bored.p

sk8bored.p Banned Member

wow this is ridiculous
  11. Saajan

Saajan

Yes but this deal (the fraudulent deal) was done directly with Emily. Emily had contacted the buyer and asked if they would be interested. Nicky wasn't part of this as she didn't handle the communication in this case. The communication wasn't done through the site nor Nicky, it was directly between Emily and the buyer.

Nicky is not the one to blame.
  12. Saajan

Saajan

Also, I'm also sure that this deal was done before Nicky signed up as an advertiser.
  13. PCDropship

PCDropship

I think you will find that as Emily was the gold plater that ALL stock was held at Emily's house.

Also that Emily has apparntly moved house so no one knows where she is. So Nicky ( who i belive financed the business) is out of pocket on stock.

90% of the people who are currently owed money are people who have dealt with Emily directly and not gold civanti.

But i am sure Nicky will post soon to clear the situation up regarding scammed people and gold civanti.
  14. Robert_Brewster

Robert_Brewster

Im not 100% with it, but i havnt seen a post from nicky as yet, can someone confirm the fact why she has not scammed anyone. I for one never saw this coming, why scam when she/they had a sucsessful business growing with plenty of orders, confuses me :S
  15. Saajan

Saajan

I can confirm it - I have spoken to Nicky and she has lost money herself. She hasn't scammed any of the buyers.

The buyers contacted Emily directly (in forms of PMs / MSN) and not via their website or Nicky.
  16. ADC

ADC

17. PCDropship

PCDropship

Who said they had a sucsessful business ??? They had only just started out and by the looks of it Emily was taking money for other goods (non civanti related) well before the business started.

If you look at the wii Mathew received it might explain why Emily vanished but who knows it could of been Emilys plan from the start.

I think to jump on Nicky is a little unfair as her membership is still current so i would suspect that the complaint(s) have been against Emily directly rather than Gold Civanti.

If anything Nicky has most probably lost the most as she must of poured £1000's in to gold civanti on stock and equipment to start a business with someone she classed as a freind. Who has not only vanished but also taken money from people on the forum who Nicky would also class as freinds.
  18. Jed

Jed

Mabey Nicky will be able to run the business on her own and regain her money.
  19. willhof

willhof

To be honest, I think Nicky would rather regain her money from Emily!
  20. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

Is there any pics of her work on the site? I have not seen the Wii that she did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.