1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Free Seo Tools

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Cody, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cody

Cody

I have personally tried a lot of these free tools, and got some good results, so thought I’d share them all with you.

Link Building

Check my Links – Google Chrome Extension
    This tool will check your webpages for any broken links. Link

Domain Hunter+ - Chrome Extension
    Similar to Check My Links, though also shows you if any of the broken links domains are available for registration.

LinkMiner – Chrome Extention
    Exactly the same as the above two broken link checkers, however this tool is even more helpful when targeting your competition as it shows how many links are pointing to the broken ones.

Open Site Explorer – Moz tool
    A nifty creation by Moz, allows you to see who links to your site, and who links to your competitors. This tool also shows you broken and old links on your webpages. (N.B, This is a limited tool – you will need to purchase for more features)

Disavow Links Tool – Google Tool
    If your site is being affected by low quality or bad spammy links you have no control over you can use to this tool to tell Google to not take those links into consideration when reviewing your site.

SkyRocket
    SkyRocket shows you pages that have already linked to content similar to your chosen topic. You can then use one of the above tools to check for broken links.

Buzzsumo
    This is a great little tool that allows you to find content that performs the highest for any topic or competitor. If you want to find out whether or not a piece on FREE SEO Tools has been created, how well it did, and who published it, then this is the tool to go for.

SEOquake – Chrome and Firefox Extension
    This tool shows you metrics such as domain age, number of backlinks and much more. You can use this whilst on Google (Or Firefox) search results as well.

SEOptimer - Free SEO audit
    Very simple yet effective SEO audit.

Integrity V6 - Broken link checkers
    Free program download to analyze website broken backlinks.

Webmaster Tools

Google Analytics
    For those that are serious about their SEO, CTR, Traffic etc. This gives you all the data you need to succeed.

Google Analytics Referrer Spam Killer
    I’ve not used this one myself, however this tools adds filters to your GA account to block/ remove a ton of well-known spam referral websites from your main domain.

Google Mobile-Friendly Test
    We should all know this one. Keep your site mobile friendly otherwise Google will rank your site lower!

Google Search Console
    This has a ton of tools provided by Google that helps show you any issues with your site, security issues, indexed pages, submit new content for crawling, and what sites link to yours and so much more If you want to monitor and maintain the your site’s presence, then this is something for you.

Google PageSpeed Insights
    If you didn’t already know, Google uses your site’s speed as a ranking factor, and if it’s not up to scratch then that’ll be affected. This tool tells you if your site is fast or slow as well as showing you suggestions for improvements.

Sitemap Validators
    There thousands of sites, tools and plugins out there today that can you with making sure you have valid sitemaps – which then need to be submitted to Google – however here’s a link to some that Google has suggested, but not tested. https://code.google.com/archive/p/sitemap-generators/wikis/SitemapGenerators.wiki

Open SEO Stats – Google Chrome Extension
    This tools shows web rank, SEO stats of other sites, such as Alexa ranking, Indexed pages, Page, Speed and so much more.

Panguin Tool
    We’ve all been there, resulted in a penalty from Google Panda and, or Penguin. This tool hooks up to your Analytics account and shows you if your traffic dropped at the same time as a Google update. Very handy for getting a better idea of what each update does and impact.

WooRank – Google Chrome Extension
    This tool analyzes your webpages and let’s you know if your site is optimized for mobiles, how fast it loads, and if any title tags are too long. You can use this analyse your competitors sites too.

Lighthouse - Free Google Chrome Extension
    On page SEO checker.

Screaming Frog SEO - Onsite SEO
    The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler, that allows you to crawl websites' URLs and fetch key onsite elements to analyse onsite SEO.

Keyword Research

Google Keyword Planner
    A tool built into AdWords that allows you to grab a bunch of keywords by using your website URL or a particular topic. Use this tool to get monthly search estimates, and bids for a keyword.

Google Correlate
    Google correlate shows keywords that get search for together, which is useful if you’re looking to target more thorough keywords or run different targeted campaigns.

Google Trends
    Got what you think is a great keyword? Why not see at what point it’s the most popular by using this tool. You’ll be able to tell whether it is seasonal, therefore helping you to create content ready for that season.

Seed Keywords
    This tool allows you to create a scenario, in which you will ask what would people search for, therefore giving you a list of real keywords in a real scenario.

Wordtracker Scout – Google Chrome Extension
    Another free Chrome extension that allows you to pick out keywords from a piece of content all with the click of a button.

SEO Mofo
    You’ve created your piece of content, but have no idea how it’s going to look in Google. In order to make sure you title and description is all readable within the word viewable limit on Google this tool gives you a preview of what it will look like.

There are hundreds of other tools out there such as SEMRUSH that I know @liamhawes uses, however if there's anything anyone wants to add, find out more about, share their experience using then by all means, please do.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. liamhawes

liamhawes

I've just gone and added Open SEO Stats – Google Chrome Extension after seeing that suggestion. It seems like something that might come in handy for me, more a time saver as I check some of those stats separately, so it's nice to have them all in one place.
    Cody likes this.
  3. jewelry4sell

jewelry4sell

Wow, great, thanks for your share.

Hope I can get more traffic to my site.
  4. Cody

Cody

How's this one coming along so far?
  5. Cody

Cody

Traffic is down to many factors, with the most popular being focused on your SEO. SEO should be used throughout your content too.
    Is your site currently up to date? Focused on SEO? Optimised for mobile? etc
    jewelry4sell likes this.
  6. liamhawes

liamhawes

Not used it just yet. Saving for the next big competitor hunt.
    Cody likes this.
  7. Cody

Cody

I've just added a few more to the list, being:

Screaming Frog
    SEOtimer
    Lighthouse
    Integrity V6

Check above.
  8. themrgarycole

themrgarycole

Whoah! Thanks a lot! I'm also hoping that this can help increase my traffic. By the way, are all these free or are paid subscriptions?
    Cody likes this.
  9. Cody

Cody

Hi,

A lot of the mentioned are free tools, with no subscription, others however may need to be paid for with a sub to it.
    themrgarycole likes this.
  10. PaulineGreening

PaulineGreening

Thanks for sharing, Cody! I've been looking around for free seo tools too. Perfect timing!
  11. themrgarycole

themrgarycole

Hey, Cody! Thanks for responding to my question, I appreciate it. I just hope that the paid ones are not too stiff on the pricing.
  12. aprilflower

aprilflower

thanks for the great list! Really helpful. Some of the tools are really new to me. I appreciate your tips;)
  13. Cody

Cody

Happy to help!
  14. Cody

Cody

And by all means, share, share, share!
  15. marie van der velden

marie van der velden

Hi,

Currently I’m doing my internship at Edubookers in the Netherlands. My main task is SEO, but i don’t have much experience with it. Is there anybody who can give me some tips? Thanks!

Greetings,

Marie
  16. Mike Cartwright

Mike Cartwright

Wow! Thank you for these links, Cody! I've used Buzzsumo a lot before and I'm definitely going to check and try others that you listed.
  17. Cody

Cody

What help is it that you need?
  18. Cody

Cody

Ah thanks a lot! Buzzsumo is a great tool to find content similar to your own.
  19. aprilflower

aprilflower

read all possible SEO blogs, like Backlinko, SEO MOZ etc and success attends you
    Cody likes this.
  20. wong45

wong45

Great list! Thanks