1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Gamejelly Direct! - Video Game/DVD/Blu-Ray Dropshipper

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Gamejelly, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWA

RWA

Have you contacted the court where you served the claim?
  2. jayjrc

jayjrc

when is your hearing date? if its already gone, did you turn up? because thats where the judge will decide who is right, but i think you need to find out from the courts what gamejelly has done so far.
  3. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

I'll get onto HMCS today, Darren refunded 7 of the 36 outstanding orders earlier this month. Still £1049.47 out of pocket though..
  4. PGC Trading

PGC Trading

No Information received from HMCS either, have had 10 orders refunded (out of roughly 25)

Can't believe this is still ongoing...
  5. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

i've got the option to take action on the HMCS website (you probably have now 28 days have passed) You can request the whole amount or installments. I'll give it a go and see what the response is.
  6. dropship_voyeur

dropship_voyeur

I would agree, he likely made some payments maybe as an act of good faith to you, but more likely to look better when/if it goes to court...
  7. Pete

Pete

You guys are dealing with someone who it seems was a victim himself and is probably in worse shape than anyone. My guess is that you are in the "blood from a stone" phase right now.

I don't know anything about what you have going with the courts, but I would suggest a "we're all in this together, let's split the pie" attitude would work best, with everyone taking a proportionate share of a monthly payment.

Not the ideal situation of having it all back last month, but my guess is that the "every man for himself" dealings at the start of all of this had a lot to do with him ceasing to communicate. I'd think he was probably overwhelmed by all of the hourly emails, etc.

Unless he has a chance of recovering something from those who took him for a ride, I doubt there is going to be a whole lot to get when his income is from a 9 to 5 job. And if he is still selling on the web, do what you can to help, that is where your refunds are coming from.......
  8. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

Very sensible response Pete and a realistic view. However, I received an email from Darren about 4 weeks ago saying RM had accepted blame and are sorting refunds within 24hrs. He sounded very upbeat and insisted this would be sorted soon.
    Now this is my rant.
    Because of Darren I had to refund 154 Ebay transactions
    Because of Darren my Paypal account was flooded with disputes leading to a 4 week suspension. I had no income at all during this time.
    Because of Darren my Ebay feedback score is way down due to 15 negs and 15 neutrals.
    Because of Darren I have lost my top rated seller status, gained a below standard status which means my items are at the bottom of every category.
    Because of Darren Paypal hold all my payments for 3 weeks or until positive FB is recieved. Loads of buyers don't bother with FB. This means I can't afford to list half the items because I can't afford to buy new stock.

Gamejelly's T&C's state they accept no responsibility for any consequence of this type

If he expects any sympathy from me he can get *******

He still owes me over £1000 and I intend to use the courts to get it.
  9. Pete

Pete

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd do the same. I am only suggesting that it be done collectively, since 18 or 27 or however many there are he owes all getting individual judgments will still result in him owing everyone and no plan to actually pay them off in an equitable way.

If you voluntarily go about working together now, understanding there are a numbers of straws in the glass, you all may eventually get your money. However, faced with however many of you there are, all standing at his door waving judgment notices will only force him to seek some relief - bankruptcy?

Then, a judge, or whoever decides such matters, will end up simply disposing of his probably meager assets and all of you will end up with very little of what is owed and the matter legally over with, leaving no chance to recoup anything further.

Just passing on some - been there, done that experience. Push too hard as individuals, everyone calling, knocking on the door, etc. and to relieve the physical toll on him and his family he will be bound to seek relief.
  10. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

I've just read through my message and it was meant as a dig against Darren, not an angry response to you Pete. The fact he said that the refunds were on their way, then having received nothing from him made me very angry.
  11. Pete

Pete

Desperate people do desperate things. Even with the best of intentions. I'm not taking up for him, by any means. I've stood in line waiting to be paid, along with others, far too many times, and know just how it is.

And, to be honest, I've had a time or two in my life when I've lied about the check being in the mail. :)

And I've sweated a few paydays, hoping all the checks cleared. :)
  12. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

I guess I'm one of the latest to be burned by this Poison Jelly.

All I have is an Xmas full of refunds and angry customers... still awaiting a refund from the jellies; Game & Xtra!
  13. Tracy

Tracy

You have bought from Gamejelly recently?
  14. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

Yes. gamejelly.net & xtrajelly.net and after numerous emails I got one saying that the items are backlogged. Absolute crap.

Those guys will never get me to us the again. And if they don't refund me, I will send the Police to find them for fraud.
  15. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

xtrajelly.com*

Can't edit posts?
  16. Tracy

Tracy

I didn't realise he was still trading!!! Sorry to hear that mate.
  17. Sonny

Sonny

This is so unexpected!!

I know they are pretty much middlemen but from the start on here they seemed very honest about what they do ect and i have used them myself for a few orders recently they wont get delivered untill after christmas though,

See how it goes,
  18. successjourney

successjourney

hmmm I am amazed there are people who still placed an order with pending issues and very unhappy customers lined up! :\
  19. greedyboy

greedyboy

WHats the latest with people who filed small claims?
  20. tarik

tarik

are the websites down cos there isnt anything on them domains
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.