1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Gamejelly Direct! - Video Game/DVD/Blu-Ray Dropshipper

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Gamejelly, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gofishing

gofishing

what a mess, i hope everyone gets there money back, i was looking at darrens dropshipping business when he started it. To be honest his prices where bad in the first place and that put me off buying from him. There was no way you coulda made a profit on his prices.

What is the deal with so many unhappy customers? Been reading through a few pages, 200 odd pages is a bit long to read lol.

Has everyone got anywhere with there claims yet?
  2. cpc

cpc

WOW! Where have I been not to see this thread. Anybody know who Gamejelly supplier was ??? Good luck if not to late to all involved.
  3. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

He's refunded 8 out of 36 orders so far, still owes me the best part of £1000 though.
    I can't believe people are still ordering from him:hitwall:. All I seem to get from him these days is junk mail.
    If he's reading this - another payment is due. If nothing is recieved over Christmas I am allowed to enter judgement by default as he's had his 28 days to reply to the HMCS claim. Court proceedings will be initiated on the first working day after New Year.:niceone:
  4. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

He refunded me yesterday for the orders, but won't give me back the registration fee although he didn't complete any orders.

I'm going to file a claim in small claims court.
  5. Sonny

Sonny

Dammmm, im just so suprised about this, everything was so promising when he first started.

I guess thats what you get for being a middleman, he doesnt know weather he has the stuff or not.

:\
  6. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

I know his name is Darren Hall, but what's the address? I can't find it anywhere. I want to file mine today.
  7. JustCraig

JustCraig

From his website...

8. Sonny

Sonny

Name: Darren Hall
    Adress: 83 Wentcliffe Road
    Knottingley
    West Yorkshire,WF11 8QP
    Mobile Number :07792420849

There we go :)

:niceone:
  9. theman_257

theman_257

I don't think you will get anywhere with your small claims, because it does state in his T&C's that membership fee is not refundable.
  10. Sonny

Sonny

Yeah i second that, you can back any more for products bought that never got delivered, but all he would need to do is bring in a print off of his t&c and the courts would close in it his favour.
  11. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

A fee is only non-refundable if even partial service was exercised. Nothing was done to warrant payment.

I'm a Solicitor, so I think I know what's going on.

Thanks for your advice though. Merry Christmas.
  12. Pete

Pete

Why is no one screaming for his picture, but they all want to see the picture of our latest female fraudster?
  13. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

Guys, there is no such thing as "non-refundable under any circumstances". If it were "non-refundable if..." and I breached that IF, then I would've had zero chance.

That clause in itself is illegal under s4 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I guess a lot of you didn't realise that his shipping times changed from 3-7 days to 14-21 days. Who would use a dropshipper with such outrageous shipping times? I wouldn't have signed up! The days have passed, it's a breach, end of story.
  14. cpc

cpc

Pete you are so on with your posts. I just hope TWF is not so hard on me when I start selling on here next year.

Frohe Weihnachten from Germany.
  15. Tracy

Tracy

cpc - Why would we be hard on you? As long as your not a scammer then your fine :)
  16. dropship_voyeur

dropship_voyeur

You should see my disclaimer when I sell on Yahoo Auctions Japan! I used to sell a LOT of car and motorbike parts, used computers and whatever else I came across.

My disclaimer was something like "Junk! No claims, no returns. Item contains scratches, discoloration, dents and stains. Only the item shown in the photos is for sale. Please decide very carefully before bidding. Fussy people please do not bid. Bids from buyers with bad or no history will be automatically rejected."

This was my style and worked very well for me. Maybe I alienated some potential buyers, but in 700+ sales, I only had one complaint via email from some guy with a very bad temper, the rest usually gave me high reviews as many items were in very good condition.

My prices were fair and I exceeded most people's expectations.

If there would have been a case where the delivery agency failed, item was lost, etc, I would have definitely refunded, but the service here in Japan is great, so never needed to.

The time saved on customer service/refunds was worth the slight drop in audience.

I don't think this type of disclaimer would work as well in the West though, as this thread shows. With people suing McDonald's because their coffee was too hot, blah blah blah, it's a tough time for any business.

There are customers like me, who will ignore being served a bad product which costs like $2, then there are people like my sister, who will spend an hour+ complaining about it, just to get it replaced. I can understand both types of people, but it seems the latter is increasing more and more, which puts a strain on business owners who are too scared to make a mistake that they drop their level of service to protect themselves. Ie, free coffee to all customers, then someone complains about the coffee so nobody can get any...

sorry for my rant :D

17. paulstanden

paulstanden

wow 214 pages!!!!! not reading all that lmao merry crimbo everyone :niceone:
  18. RWA

RWA

Was that before or after he changed his T&Cs half way through this?
  19. greedyboy

greedyboy

He can state anything in his terms and conditions. He can state he has to sleep with your dog. It doesn't mean it's forcible in a court of law.
  20. ADC

ADC

Very true. And unless he includes an invalidity clause, if one of the terms & conditions can't be enforced by law all the rest become invalid too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.