1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Gamejelly Direct! - Video Game/DVD/Blu-Ray Dropshipper

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Gamejelly, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonny

Sonny

I do completely agree with that, how is everybody doing with this anyway i havent even attenmted getting any money back yet.
  2. PT

PT

If you read through the thread, you will see what others are doing to recover their losses.
  3. woodleyB

woodleyB

4. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

Judgment by Default put in motion yesterday. Darren owes me £1048

Does anyone know how the courts actually pay you ?
  5. HeadBangingMerc

HeadBangingMerc

The courts won't now hand over £1048 to you, unless darren has paid it to them.

Once the judgement is in process, you can apply to the court for an attachment of earning, which is where they will take a percentage of any money he earns, IF he is employed by a company.

Other option is to send in the Balliffs. This again can be done through the court.

If you apply for the attachment of earnings, and he still dosen't respond, the court balliffs will go and demand that he attends at court, to explain why he shouldn't have to spend 14 days in prison! This will then make him explain exactly what his income and out goings are (you get a copy), and he then has to either pay the money in full or set up regular payment. Either way don't let it hang around, get it done ASAP.
  6. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

Cheers I'm hoping this will put a rocket up Darrens backside, this has been going on for four months and I've had £240 back so far. His site is still open for business so he must be earning something. I'll follow whatever process is necessary, I'm past caring what effect it may have on Darren.
  7. Pete

Pete

He is robbing Peter to pay Paul. His own Ponzi scam.

At first it could have been circumstances had him caught in the middle, but now it is mindful.

As mentioned, get moving. Even if you are the first to actually get a judgment, there will be more behind you and like a race, whoever gets to the spoils first wins. Unless he files bankruptcy, then they will be spread around equitably.

If you don't want a used hoover and a saggy mattress, you need to attend to things ASAP.
  8. HeadBangingMerc

HeadBangingMerc

If you have judgemnt by default, I believe you need to wait 14 days before you can proceed any further. Check this, but I believe that to be correct.

To find out what to do next, go to:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/enforcement/index.htm

As you are owed more than £600, you can apply for a 'warrant of execution'. This is where they send in the balliffs. Given that GameJelly probably dosen't another job, this would be the best way to proceed, rather than attachment of earnings.

The leaflet that expalins it is here:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex322_1109.pdf

Again, this is done on a first come, first served basis. The items listen or taken by the balliffs on one warrant, CANNOT then be listed on another, until the original warrant has expired. So as you can see, whoever jumps in first, will get the spoils, others will just have to wait there turn.
  9. C89

C89

Is there anyone else that keeps getting weird emails from GameJelly with one line that rarely make any sense? They are all going into my junk but there is quite a lot of them.
  10. Mark34BN

Mark34BN

I get lots of ****** style junk mail from Gamejellys email. Nice.
    He's probably not doing it himself though.
  11. HeadBangingMerc

HeadBangingMerc

Are the sites OSC?

I seem to remember they are the few times that I have looked.

He need to get the header info from one of these emails, and see where the infection is on his site, most likely admin/mail.php or somewhere like that.

Even if its not OSC, and your getting ****** emails, it prob means hes been hacked somewhere at some point.
  12. greedyboy

greedyboy

Good old Malware. Believe me I have had my fair share of attacks!
  13. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

Me to,not saying it coming from there(GJ),but getting the same "junk mail":\
  14. dropship_voyeur

dropship_voyeur

One of the disadvantages of some open source platforms...
  15. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

Any idea's as how to stop thease mails?
  16. RWA

RWA

Nothing until gamejelly checks what's going on, just make sure they all go into your spam folder.
  17. PGC Trading

PGC Trading

I've just noticed GJ has changed from suspended to Banned. Any info on this sudden change?
  18. jeppo

jeppo

No first hand knowledge, you'd probably need to pm Anthony for that, but I'd guess it's because of unresolved issues.

Be interesting to hear how it's going for those effected. Hope you've all got your money back or at least in the process of.
  19. Best Gadgetry

Best Gadgetry

Scammed some folks (including me) and didn't have the money to repay.

After he was banned, I was repaid, and I think most others also.
  20. Ed

Ed

The spam emails were what got my attention to the thread -- what a **** up! To be fair, I wouldn't call him a scammer. Up until the problems with his suppliers, he was a regular and respected member of the forum. Many of us were making plenty of money everyday from his services. The fact of the matter is he probably didn't have any redundancy built into his system; no backup supplier to count on at a moments notice, and perhaps not the cash to cover any problems like this. But a scammer?

Guys -- we've all seen scammers on here. "$2 iPhone -- Free Delivery from HK" They set out with intent to take money without delivering; importantly they don't last long on this forum!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.