1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Google adsense. Allowing and blocking categories

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by beacon hill, Nov 15, 2016.

1. beacon hill

beacon hill

Just been having a look at my Google adSense reports to see what category ads are getting results

I have gambling and betting blocked.
    Was looking through the sensitive categories to find very low % impressions and only
    0.1% earnings on one of them. So is it advisable to block all sensitive categories.

Moving on to my general categories in ads there are a few with zero impressions, but
    also a number with higher impressions and 12.8% - 49% earnings. The categories that are
    having results for me are obviously tied in with the products / topics I am writing about
    on the blog, and not adverts that may come across as unrelated spam.

So the question is. Is it worth blocking all categories that are unrelated or getting zero
    impressions, and will this improve the quality of ads in the smaller numbers of
    categories I am allowing
  2. Cody

Cody

It would be worth to block low revenue, low impressions and unrelated categories because other advertisers may pay more for it, especially if you create more posts about products deemed of very good value. You basically need to allow the relevant categories with high CTR thus improving your overall CTR and ad quality & relevance.

You need to ask yourself when blocking categories:

1) Will I lose income (n) you should answer this with a no (zero impressions, very low income).
    2) Will it increase my CTR and income (y) (If you can answer with a yes, especially if the category is low income then you should block)
    3) Is it relevant to my website, page, blog post (n) (If it's not relevant to your products and site then block)
    beacon hill likes this.